master pages

Can any one help understand how the master pages work . 

I record a pre-set  in one page and the same pre set is also on page 2 . 

Parents
  • Hi -

As Richard says, it sounds like you have the same page assigned to the top and bottom rows of masters.

In addition to what Richard says, if you record directly to a master, you are actually creating a new preset at the same time. If you actually want that preset to be assigned to another master as well, on the same page or on a different page (or pages) you can use the syntax # PRESET & Master Key to assign any preset to any master at any time (assuming the preset # has been recorded already).

So, if you record directly to a master and create preset 801 on that master, you can assign preset 801 to any other master on any other page by using 801 PRESET & Master Key. Clearing preset 801 from any of those masters just removes the assignment for that master, it does not delete preset 801 from the preset list nor from any of the other masters you might have it assigned to.

Hope this helps -

Thanks -

Sarah

• Yes About the recording  strait to the Master and create a new 801 Preset or adding a exiting ## Preset to the Master i have understood that ;) 

What i haven't got yet is . i have 10 pages with 40 masters.  1-20 i record my preset . 21-40 i also record my preset BUT when i change to the 2 page the preset that i had recorded on page 1 (21-40) are also on Page 2 ., on the bottom/Top layer . ( i have realized whatever i record on (21-40) stay on all the pages and from (1-20) to record a new Preset .

I found i way to record the Preset on (21-40) without have them showing on the Next page (  setup/master and unselected the option ( auto update master page ) But wont save My show . 

So my Question is How to record a Preset on page 1 on using (1-20) than be able to record different Presets on Page 2 (1-20)  and so On ......

or how Read the page Blocks in the right way . ? 

[edited by: Del at 3:41 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, Mar 6 2013]
  • Which version of the Congo software are you running on?

Reply Children
Related