Save a Play option

(I have my coat ready......)

'Save as' << this always then puts you in that showfile after the save? Is there a current way for that not to happen... i've forgotten?

(if answer to above means i haven't got my coat on yet....)

Any possibility of a Version of 'Save copy to USB' where the showfile saves into the particular Play archive you want, but doesn't then load you into it?... Not meaning the save with revision option for this

Cheers

• Hi Andy - 

Not sure what you mean here...

Save Copy to USB should not leave you in the USB version of the play - there was a version of software where this got broken, but it should be fixed now.

Save As offers the current name, because it was easier to delete that and give a new name than it is to have to type in the whole show name just to add text like "Tuesday" or another marker. Save As will leave you in that version of the show, though.

I believe we have it on the list to offer a "Save Copy" function with the option to add a date/time stamp so that one could create an archive of iterated show files during programming sessions. Would that solve what you're looking for?

Thanks!

Sarah 

• Yep Sarah the "Save Copy" that's on the list would work.  For the record USB saves are fine , it was the saving a copy but not leave you in the saved version I was thinking of. Sounds like you are all on the case.

P.s Enjoying my new word of the day : 'Iterated'

Cheers Sarah

Related