aRFR - offline

Dear All,

I am trying to connect my Congo Jr to my Android RFR App.

I have followed all the steps 

The App is seeing to Router and is connected.

Press Settings/ press Consoles/ Inputted Name from About / About Congo on Console which I assume is Congo.

I have put in the IP Address of the console again from About / About Congo on the Console which is 10.101.81.101

No Password as suggested / Save / Back / Back

and the only option is Congo (10.101.81.101) offline. 

Any thoughts please?

• If the console shows as Offline in the aRFR app, it means there is no 'route' from the aRFR to the console.

This has these main causes:

• The wrong Console IP address has been set (You've checked this already)
    • The router is not connected to the console
    • The router is configured incorrectly.

What is the IP address of your Android, and how is the WiFi router connected to the console?

The easiest method for setting up WiFi for aRFR connection to Eos and Congo consoles is on this Wiki page.

We recommend using the kind of router that has a WAN port and connecting that WAN port to the console network.
    This usually allows you to use the factory defaults in the WiFi router.

In this method, your Android will have an IP address set by the router, and its Gateway will be the "LAN" side IP address of the router.
    - This is usually the IP you'd type into your computer's web browser when connected by LAN or WiFi to check the router's settings.

----

If your WiFi router doesn't have a WAN port then you will need to change settings in your router before you can connect a console to the LAN ports.

You will need to set the "LAN" IP address of the WiFi router to 10.101.x.x, subnet 255.255.0.0 (eg 10.101.124.101) and then do one of the following:

(A) Turn off the WiFi router's DHCP address server, and ensure the DHCP Address Server in the console is enabled at its defaults.

(B) Turn off the DHCP Address Server in the console, and set the DHCP address server in the WiFi router to hand out IP addresses in the 10.101.x.x range, (eg 10.101.125.101-253), subnet 255.255.0.0

Which one is correct depends on the router - I would suggest trying (A) first to see if that works.

In this "LAN" connected method, you want your Android to get an IP address that is "10.101.x.x" and subnet mask "255.255.0.0". The gateway doesn't matter.

[edited by: Richard at 2:35 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 23 2013]
Related