Dynamic effect gaining increasing rate and size over a fade

On a Congo Jr running 6.1.1
I have a cue where I'd like a series of channels to pulse over the course of a 3 minute fade.  What I'd like is to start out with Size A and Rate X and through the fade have the Size increase to B and the Rate increase to Y.
I'm also running the base level from low to high.  If I want to increase amplitude, through the course of the fade I ought to have the base level fade down to the midpoint of the pulse in order for wider amplitude, right?
Is this possible? 

[edited by: marcusdoshi at 9:51 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Apr 27 2013]
Parents
  • Hi there -

If you are using a dynamic effect playback this might be hard to do with a fade action, as I believe size and rate are snap parameters (they ignore time). However, if you do this with an older style direct dynamic effect you can assign regular channels to master the size and rate of that effect, then you can use timing on those two channels to alter size and rate in time, or you can assign those channels to masters and control those aspects of your effect manually.

Select your channels, apply a dynamic effect template to those channels using # DYN EFFECT (if you happen to know the number) or use MODIFY & DYN EFFECT to open the library of shapes (where you can arrow down  to the effect number you would like to apply and press MODIFY on that number to apply it to selected channels.) 

Press DYN EFFECT to open the Live Dynamics tab, where you can adjust the settings for the effect and assign channels to size and rate if you like.

And if I understand your other question correctly, you're running a sine wave in your dynamic? Then yes, the closer you are to the middle point of that parameter, the more of the wave you will see. If you are at 0%, you only see the positive side of the sine wave, and if you are at 100% you only see the negative side of the sine wave. A level of 50% will show the whole wave in some fashion, dependent of course on the size setting in the effect.

(And it's possible that you know this already, but 6.1.1 is quite old - you may want to consider updating to 6.4.0 when your production schedule allows.)

I hope this helps -

Thanks-

Sarah

[edited by: sclausen at 1:02 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Apr 29 2013]
  • Hi there -

If you are using a dynamic effect playback this might be hard to do with a fade action, as I believe size and rate are snap parameters (they ignore time). However, if you do this with an older style direct dynamic effect you can assign regular channels to master the size and rate of that effect, then you can use timing on those two channels to alter size and rate in time, or you can assign those channels to masters and control those aspects of your effect manually.

Select your channels, apply a dynamic effect template to those channels using # DYN EFFECT (if you happen to know the number) or use MODIFY & DYN EFFECT to open the library of shapes (where you can arrow down  to the effect number you would like to apply and press MODIFY on that number to apply it to selected channels.) 

Press DYN EFFECT to open the Live Dynamics tab, where you can adjust the settings for the effect and assign channels to size and rate if you like.

And if I understand your other question correctly, you're running a sine wave in your dynamic? Then yes, the closer you are to the middle point of that parameter, the more of the wave you will see. If you are at 0%, you only see the positive side of the sine wave, and if you are at 100% you only see the negative side of the sine wave. A level of 50% will show the whole wave in some fashion, dependent of course on the size setting in the effect.

(And it's possible that you know this already, but 6.1.1 is quite old - you may want to consider updating to 6.4.0 when your production schedule allows.)

I hope this helps -

Thanks-

Sarah

[edited by: sclausen at 1:02 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Apr 29 2013]
Children
No Data
Related