Bug and some questions

Hi everybody.

I'm using a Congo and a Congo Jr as a backup and both have the V6.4. 

What I think it's a bug is on the CONGO when I try to zoom (FORMAT+WHEEL) the dock area, on the right or left side, with MASTERS the hourglass appear and the console doesn't do nothing. It freeze everything and the big problem is that the backup remains as backup. To work again with the Congo I've got to use the Crtl+Alt+Del and only then the backup change to server. I try several times with the dock area on different monitors and it happen always this, hourglass on the top and nothing work on Congo.

Now some questions:

Congo - Why can´t I use the right Dock Area on the first monitor (right)?? Normally I use this monitor to see the Playback Tab and want to put on the right side a Dock Area with INDEPENDENT but nothing appears on the right side. On top, bottom and left no problem but on the right nothing no matter what's the Tab that is on that monitor cause I try with Live and also with Presets.

Congo - Why on the second (middle) monitor the Dock Area on the right side with MASTERS don't show  any Master?? I try on the third (left) monitor and the Dock Area on the right side show all the masters I use but on the second monitor nothing appears and this happen only with the Masters.

Congo and Jr- If I use the Channel Layout on the Live tab and use the mouse to select a channel, the hourglass appears and take about 3 seconds until I can use that channel. If I use the standart view of the channels and use the mouse to select a channel, immediately I can use that channel. Why this happen??? I think that on previous versions this doesn´t happen and I say this cause I love to use the Channel Layout instead the standart view and never notice this problem before.

Server and Backup - Why the Server console is always send the play to the backup console if I don't make any changes on the play?? Yesterday, during the premiere, I press the Go key and the hourglass appear and after that a mensage on the bottom saying that the play was send to backup. I'm using this backup this last week and this sometime happen but we are, at that time, making some changes on the presets and I think it's normal send the play to backup. This last 2 days we don't do any change and during the rehearsals sometime I saw the hourglass and that message but ysterday this happen during a crossfade at the begining of the show so I disconnect the consoles just to be more safe.

Best regards

Pedro Alves

[edited by: Pedro Alves at 10:21 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, May 17 2013]
Parents
  • Pedro Alves said:

Congo - Why can´t I use the right Dock Area on the first monitor (right)?? Normally I use this monitor to see the Playback Tab and want to put on the right side a Dock Area with INDEPENDENT but nothing appears on the right side. On top, bottom and left no problem but on the right nothing no matter what's the Tab that is on that monitor cause I try with Live and also with Presets.

Congo - Why on the second (middle) monitor the Dock Area on the right side with MASTERS don't show  any Master?? I try on the third (left) monitor and the Dock Area on the right side show all the masters I use but on the second monitor nothing appears and this happen only with the Masters.

There is a limitation with the driver for the graphics card that runs the first video output of the Sr. Therefore, you are not allowed to open docks on the right side of screen 1. There should be a message about this in the Dock Setup dialog.

Regarding the missing information in the Masters dock on other screen, I haven't heard about this before. Have you tried to zoom out?

Is this when it locks up?

• Hi Anders

Yes is to try to zoom out or in on the second monitor that I found out the crash. I tought that doesn't appear nothing because of the size of the masters but instead the console blocks everything.

About the network I think that everything it's ok cause they are connect thru a hub from OvisLink "AirLive Live-FSH16T+" and it's power cames from the same UPS of the consoles so I think that it's never go down, but I never saw that. Today I power on the consoles and after that the only thing I do is block the consoles (ESC+C) and I notice that the Congo send the play to Congo Jr about +/-30 minutes after the block. Nobody touch the consoles but I don't see the hub so I don´t know if it go down for any reason.

Pedro Alves

• Hi Pedro,

This really indicates some kind of a network problem. The Server will never send a show file to the Backup by itself unless the connection is broken and reestablished.

Please try to turn off the "Auto-transfer play to Backup" setting in System Settings to see if this makes any difference. However, with this option turned off, you need to manually send the show file to the backup to make sure they are in sync.

Anders

• Hi Anders.

I turn off the "Auto-transfer play to backup" and the problem of the Server send the play to backup disappeared.

Now I send the play to Congo JR (backup) and syncronize both consoles and after a while it appear "Backup server started" and the backup, that is with the blue background because of the backup Sync, doesn't do anything. I mean when I press GO on Congo the Congo Jr it stays quiet.

So I think, like you said, that maybe it's a network problem. I will try to change the hub to see if the problem is from the hub or the consoles.

As soon as I try this change I will say something to you.

Best regards

Pedro Alves

• Hello again Anders

Just to say that we already try changing both network cables for new ones made purposely for this and also change the Hub but the connection between the Congo and Congo Jr. still have some problems. It seems the connection is lost after about 10 to 15 minutes. My silly question is if this problem is because the Network Cards??? It seems that the card from Congo is 100Mbps and the Congo Jr is 10Mps cause is what we saw on the indications leds of the hub.

Pedro Alves

• Hello again Anders

Just to say that we already try changing both network cables for new ones made purposely for this and also change the Hub but the connection between the Congo and Congo Jr. still have some problems. It seems the connection is lost after about 10 to 15 minutes. My silly question is if this problem is because the Network Cards??? It seems that the card from Congo is 100Mbps and the Congo Jr is 10Mps cause is what we saw on the indications leds of the hub.

Pedro Alves

Children
  • Hi Pedro,

I don't know if it could be the network cards. It does sound odd that Jr is 10Mbps and Sr is 100Mbps. 

Let's see if someone else in the support team has any ideas.

• Sounds like an old school auto negotiation problem.

If you can get into windows on a congo (I'm an EOS man myself) then see what connection the Jr thinks it has negotiated - Control Panel > Network Connections > status.

Also run "netstat -e" in the windows command line, this will tell you how many network errors/discards have been detected (should be none or very very low).

If the JR has high level of errors/discards, and/or thinks it's connected at 100Mbps then try forcing 100Mbps/full duplex on the switcher (if it's a smart switcher) or force the network card from "auto" to "100Mb full" duplex (in network connections > properties > configure > advanced). See if that fixes the problem.

Marcus

• HI

Just to say that you've got it marcusbirkin. The problem it was the settings of the network card like you said. Yesterday in the morning I went to Congo Jr and check the settings of the network card and found that the Link Speed & Duplex was at 10Mps/Full Duplex so I changed to Auto Detect, and changed also the Receive Descriptors and Transmit Descriptors to the same values that are on Congo and after that until I went home there wasn't any problems. Today in the morning I power up both consoles and until now there aren't any problems. I use Congo Jr as Backup or as Client and the response is immediate.

I run also the "netstat -e" like you said on both consoles and only JR show 3 errors on the Sent column yesterday. Today only 1 error is show on the Sent column.

So thanks for remember me for this little and basic think that is the settings of the network card.

Pedro Alves

Related