Exact dmx value on congo jr

Hello everybody.

I have really headache with setting exact dmx value on congo jr console.

I can use "." and"+%"  for changing dmx value with 1 dmx value accuracy. But i can't save it into preset, or something

I tried to create "fixture" with intensity parameter and with ranges set bit value, but i fault. I also tried to create fixture with "control" parameter and to put there values and later put that parameters into "beam palettes" and then tried to put it into master pages. But I failed too.

I need to have an ability to control exact dmx value on dmx universe 2 on a channel 8 from master button. I thied to patch it like a dimmer, creating preset and setting it to master button, I tried to create special "fixture" to control that channel, and setting value to master button with palettes, but it don't want to send any value from master key, and I can only change dmx value in Live mode in series with "dot" key & "+%" key.

And I cant find something useful in manual. "@ level" & "format" key don't want to change "percentage/bits" view.

p.s. sorry for my english, actually I'm not a native english speaker, I'm from Moscow =)

Parents
  • I've got a feeling that can do it b myself

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone =)

[edited by: burton-fzz at 6:18 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 9 2013]
  • Hello

You can put the exact dmx Value with this command :

XXX [.] & [@]

for devices, you can display value in exact value instead of %

change the resolution display with : FORMAT & LEVEL

Pilou

• may be there is some problem with facepanel (i have congo JR and i can't find facepanel download, and the one which is included with congo firmware don't want to be installed and no "entering diagnostics mode" when holding the "?" button)  when I entering value and then pushing  "@ level" button - it only selecting desk channel in live mode (for example if i selecting 48 desk channel (the one I need to control with exact 8 bit precision) and entering 001 then "." then "@ level" then console just selecting desk channel number 1 instead of assign 8 bit value to 48 channel). 

neither happens when I pressing "format" & "@ level" buttons in live mode simultaneously.

this happens on every fixture and dimmer channel...

p.s. after updating congo firmware 48 channel began flash once a minute (now it in patched as dimmer) 

p.s.s. and my previous method with assigning channel as fixture and creating "control" pallets and entering and saving pallet with values which i created using "." and "+%" buttons and saving them into separete master channels don't work everytime I want, and give sometimes offset in values randomly... 

• As stated in the release notes, the facepanel firmware update included in the software download pack is for the 'big' Congo Console only.
    There are no recommended firmware updates for the Congo jr facepanel.

Secondly, your console appears to be in the "At Mode" syntax mode: ("@ Mode" shown bottom-right of the screens)
    [Ch] # [@Level] ## to select a channel and set a level.
    - [Ch] 1 [.] is the At Mode syntax to select Channel 1 without changing its level.

# [.] & [@Level] is an "Avab"/"RPN" syntax (number first, action second), and it does not have an At Mode equivalent because in At Mode you always type the level second.

To choose the syntax mode, there is a tickbox in System Settings > General.
    Untick "At Mode" to put the console into Avab mode.

(The Avab syntax # [.] & [@Level] means you need to hold down the [.] button while pressing [@Level].)

I do not understand your PS or PSS. Can you be more specific?

Perhaps if you email your show file and a more detailed explanation to congo (at) etcconnect (dot) com we can help better.

PS: Which version of Congo software are you using?
    It is very difficult to offer accurate assistance without knowing which version you are running.

[edited by: Richard at 4:35 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 9 2013]
  • thank you so much! I forgot that there are some different mode, I usually prefer AT mode, that's why I missed that feature. I guess I shall create pallets without AT mode (disabling it) and than I can change to AT mode again, and using masters that was created without at mode with bit precision.

Any way you already helps me ALOT and I hardly can ask for more help from you, you really already made my day

p.s.s. sorry for english, I'm not native speaker and english isnt my native language, i'm so sorry for that somebody have to read something like that =(

May be this topic (after finding the way to enter exact value in bit) will look better in some tech part of forum? 

I've got latest firmware congo jr software (6.4.1.9.0.36)

qt library 4.6.2

io firmware ver 1.3.0.9.0.5

possible roles server backup client (I use this console as the only console, and marked it as server only in system settings - is this "role" right?)

Before updating firmware there were no flash of that fixture, I guess some new feature may be the core of problem... maybe RDM on dmx? but that fixture wasnt shown in rdm device list...

I still thinking about that problem, and the only problem that I can try smthng only at tuеsday (tech day) and not every tuesday actually. Today I got time for it.

[edited by: burton-fzz at 6:15 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 9 2013]
  • thank you so much! I forgot that there are some different mode, I usually prefer AT mode, that's why I missed that feature. I guess I shall create pallets without AT mode (disabling it) and than I can change to AT mode again, and using masters that was created without at mode with bit precision.

Any way you already helps me ALOT and I hardly can ask for more help from you, you really already made my day

p.s.s. sorry for english, I'm not native speaker and english isnt my native language, i'm so sorry for that somebody have to read something like that =(

May be this topic (after finding the way to enter exact value in bit) will look better in some tech part of forum? 

I've got latest firmware congo jr software (6.4.1.9.0.36)

qt library 4.6.2

io firmware ver 1.3.0.9.0.5

possible roles server backup client (I use this console as the only console, and marked it as server only in system settings - is this "role" right?)

Before updating firmware there were no flash of that fixture, I guess some new feature may be the core of problem... maybe RDM on dmx? but that fixture wasnt shown in rdm device list...

I still thinking about that problem, and the only problem that I can try smthng only at tuеsday (tech day) and not every tuesday actually. Today I got time for it.

[edited by: burton-fzz at 6:15 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 9 2013]
Children
  • Thanks for the extra information.

It is likely that you have a fixture which gets confused by RDM.
    There are a few fixtures out there which treat RDM packets as if they were DMX levels, instead of just ignoring the RDM packets like they are supposed to.

There are also some fixtures (mostly older ones) that can't cope with 'maximum-speed' DMX.

In System Settings > Output there is a tickbox for each DMX port to turn RDM on and off, and a dropdown to choose different DMX speeds.

• in the bull's-eye!

It WORKS!

I tried in general settings->console settings->rem discovery enabled, and it have no use, but your advise works perfectly! 

I can't control directly the fixture that had that issue I can only control AMX control system that controls server which controls system which control half analog system of led light ( ECCS Hercules, Gemini, aquila, and led pleiades =) We created show with cue in hercules system and I want to use it from ETC Congo JR system in real time. And I guess right now I can reach my goal.

Thank for respond,  from that point I can do everything else by myself still there is a lot of work. If somebody will have some question with our crazy system I can share what we have here (If I end my work - I will reply here my result)

again thanks a lot to everybody =)

[edited by: burton-fzz at 10:24 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 9 2013]
  • finally

[edited by: burton-fzz at 10:20 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Jul 9 2013]
Related