Scroller Rolls and AutoMove

Hi all -

We are interested to know roughly how many of you are using the AutoMove function with their scrollers. If you are using this feature, could you reply to this thread?

Thanks much!

Sarah

Parents
  • I never use automove with scroller. Whisper scroller have got this function : Dark Gel but we must cut gel for a special size, so I never use it
  • The "Automove" function tells Congo to gently swish the scroller back and forth a short distance when set to particular colour(s).

You set this up in the Scroller Rolls tab:

• Enter the distance in absolute (8-bit) steps into the "Automove" column.
    • When you set the scroll to exactly that colour, Congo will nudge it back and forth your chosen distance, centred about the "Value".
    • When set slightly above or below the colour, it stops.

It's intended for when you are using particularly dark colours, especially the dark blues like L171-Congo Blue, and can extend the life of the scroll as it means that it takes longer for the gel in that particular frame to burn out.

As Pilou mentions, you have to cut a special frame for it to be usable - often double-width as that's easy to measure.

• we have never used this function on the desk, but thats because we didnt know about it as such. now ive just read that, it will come i handy for our fixed grid venue where have scrollers there permently and on at full intensity sometimes for a long time!

cheers

claire

Reply Children
  • Hi Sarah,

we don´t use the funtion anymore since modern color changers support it internal, but even then automove of dark colors often created noise that was not  accepted in dramatic theater.

Thats why we created auto fan speed control in pronto.  But there is one thing to improve this perfect function:   fan speed will be "dimmed" together with intensities. this might couse that fans fan to little in combination with low intensities.....we should be able to have a curve on the attribute "fan" to optimize this behavior.

Related