Recording presets to a time code??

Hi there,

I was wandering if anyone can help me at all or to see if this is even possible.

What im hoping to do is thus:

There is a dance number in a show im lighting design for, there is poignant bits of the song where change of lights need to happen, now i know midi control is one way but can i record all of my presets ready and then start something to record so when the track is playing i can just press go when i want the presets to happen then save it so all, then all my board operator has to do is when the dance number happens they just have to press go and the board sorts out its self untill the dance number has finished.

Am i asking for miracles or can this be achieved???

Cheers

Parents
  • Well there a more than one way ( as almost always with Congo).

1. The easiest way imho would be to do a learn alert and the turn the alert time into wait time minus the duration of the previous Cue.
    2. Enable timecode on the desk and put the timestamp into your sequence. You might have to write a Macro to start the timecode 
    3. or you could do 2. but with and external timecode source.

Hope that helps....

• Well there a more than one way ( as almost always with Congo).

1. The easiest way imho would be to do a learn alert and the turn the alert time into wait time minus the duration of the previous Cue.
    2. Enable timecode on the desk and put the timestamp into your sequence. You might have to write a Macro to start the timecode 
    3. or you could do 2. but with and external timecode source.

Hope that helps....

Children
Related