Content effect

Hello,

In part of my sequence list I have a preset that triggers a content effect which turns some of the set RGB LED items to Blue from left to right. The effect works fine but when I go to my next preset the LED continues to stay in Blue despite the preset telling them to go to Red. I am currently using the Refresh button once I have cross faded but it's not ideal. Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Alex

Parents
  • A Content Effect continues to run until its Intensity reaches zero, and all Attribute parts of a Content effect are pure LTP. (Intensity is HTP)

This means it'll continue to run during the downfade and (depending on timing) may override attributes in the incoming preset because of the LTP nature.

To solve this, adjust the timing in the sequence to make the change to Red happen after the Content Effect has stopped.

For example:

• Set a Delay for the colour attributes in the incoming Preset so they start the change to Red after the Content Effect stops.
    • (optionally) Set a short Channel Time on the Content Effect to stop it faster (so the delay can be shorter)

Alternatively, you could add an extra step using the same Preset with a short Wait and Snap time.
    This method is an automated version of your current [Refresh] solution.

We know this isn't ideal and can be a bit confusing, so we are looking at ways to improve the way Content Effects stop.

• Thanks for that Richard. That's solved the problem.

Alex

• Late to the party, I know, but to date I've been using workarounds similar to the Refresh (adding an AutoFollow to a repeated Preset, or Channel Times). 

During CUE I found another possible solution--Mark Ayers, catch me if I misstate*?  We tried this in one of the Demo Plays files, and it appeared to work properly in the Capture visualizer, but I haven't checked it out on a real fixture. We ran a Content Effect built from simple Color Palettes in the first step, and wanted a color change to N/C in the second step.

In the second step, change the Effect Playback content to the "Series: Empty." Worked like a charm--no idea why. Or it functions that way in real life. Can anybody confirm, and if it does work, why?

*also, can we tag other users in the forums?

• Yes, that would work (why didn't I think of that before?)

Changing the Series to "Empty" will instantly stop the Content Effect at the start of the crossfade.
    - All attributes start their move at the beginning of the fade, and attributes like "which series to play" always snap because fading through other values doesn't make any sense.

You'll probably want to record the Effect Playback at the "Mark" intensity in the 'stopping step', so that it's obvious what you meant when editing the show later.

- Otherwise you might think "Why is that Effect still running?" when editing in Track List/Preset List etc

• Thanks Richard!

I couldn't think why the series content dump would be "faster" than the color instruction, but if it's snapping rather than fading, that trumps step fade time entirely, doesn't it? 

Yours, 

Anne

• Just out of interest, would this also work on a Master set to return to Preset?

Reply Children
No Data
Related