Desired Effect

Hi,

Im trying to create a two part effect wonder if anyone can help me?

What im after is creating is a tilt and intensity effect for instance: i want the intensity to fade up as the tilt starts from high to low but once it hits low i want intensity to fade out then repeat.

I can create the tilt function by using a content effect but i cant seem to achieve the intenity, so if you have the answer or a complety different effect to use please feel free.

Cheers once again

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi there -

Andrew is describing the Eos effect. To do this in Congo, you need to build a Series and use a Content Effect. You can use presets as Andrew mentions, or you can keep the content separate.

This sounds like a traditional fly away, but I'm not 100% certain, so if this doesn't get you what you want let us know.

You need at least three active steps and a background step, and the effect needs to run in BREAK mode.

Background step contains the " waiting" state, in your example, pointed down with intensity Marked. If you leave no value in the Intensity column, then intensity will not change and the effect may not do what you want.

The next steps are the "active" parts of the effect:

Step 1 Intensity Full(or whatever) and Pan/Tilt to a Focus palette pointing down.

Step 2 Intensity Full, Pan/Tilt at the Focus Palette where you want them to fly up to.

Step 3 Intensity Marked, Pan/Tilt in the up position.

If you want the lights to be off, turn on and swing up then down then turn off again, I think you can use a similar setup but with the following:

Background step: Intensity Marked, pointed down

Step 1, Intensity on, pointed up (you can set the attack (fade) times separately for intensity and the Focus Palette if you like, or leave them at 100% and you can play with these times on the effect playback itself)

Step 2 Intensity on pointed down

Step 3 intensity marked pointed down (this is where you create the "once they hit bottom they fade out" part)

This effect also needs to run in BREAK mode to behave properly and to let you play with the distribution of the channels freely.

I hope this helps!

Sarah

Related