Jr. Master Playback Wing

Just another quickie on my Congo Jr...

My playback wing seems to be a little temperamental. It either stops responding or once it's come up with a "lost connection" message on the main console. I'm using it separately to the main console, rather than attached, via the USB cable and with the power supply.

In the main, it happens when I've put the main console into Blackout or Freeze (on a break, for example, to stop tampering) but on return, turning back to normal, the wing doesn't respond.  Also, sometimes when I start the desk, the LCD panels on the wing don't load, or take a minute or two to 'refresh', and sometimes the button lights don't come on either.

I know on the instructions for the wing it says to connect the USB to the main console and power up the console first, then plug-in the USB to the wing and the power to the wing in that order - but due to the lack of a "power off" switch on the wing I have been switching the whole lot on via a switch on the wall, then booting the console. Would something as simple as this affect it?

Thanks

[edited by: PDD at 4:07 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Jan 27 2007]
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related