cueing

Hi 

I was wondering if you could tell me how i could run a preset for about 40minutes while running other presets at the same time.

For example, in my preset 1 i have several lanterns at full by the 40mins is up i would have wanted all these to be a only 10%, so they have slowly faded out. While this cue is going on i would have other cues going on at the same time. Is this possible and so how?

louise

Parents
  • Yes - for this you use the function "Lockfade"

1. Create your initial look and record as normal.
    2. Make the change you want to take place over 40 minutes and hit [Record]
      • Important - don't make any other changes!
      • All the changes you record now will be part of the "Lockfade"
    3. Switch over to the Advanced tab in the Recording dialog
    4. Change the box that says "Crossfade" into "Lockfade"
    5. Set times (4000 [Modify] to enter a 40 minute time into the in and out boxes)
    6. Hit [Record] to confirm
    7. Now continue to record further cues as normal.

When you run this sequence, you'll see that the channels you changed in step 2 have a box underneath saying "T##L"

This indicates that these channels are about to execute a Lockfade, which will always complete in the recorded time regardless of what other cues are played while it is in progress.

• Yes - for this you use the function "Lockfade"

1. Create your initial look and record as normal.
    2. Make the change you want to take place over 40 minutes and hit [Record]
      • Important - don't make any other changes!
      • All the changes you record now will be part of the "Lockfade"
    3. Switch over to the Advanced tab in the Recording dialog
    4. Change the box that says "Crossfade" into "Lockfade"
    5. Set times (4000 [Modify] to enter a 40 minute time into the in and out boxes)
    6. Hit [Record] to confirm
    7. Now continue to record further cues as normal.

When you run this sequence, you'll see that the channels you changed in step 2 have a box underneath saying "T##L"

This indicates that these channels are about to execute a Lockfade, which will always complete in the recorded time regardless of what other cues are played while it is in progress.

Children
  • Hi, just to discuss all aspects:

There is a shortcut for recording move and lockfades. 

# + & record  for movefade

# - & record for lockfade

normally move and lockfade will record all channes that have been changed, but if you select the channels that shall be moved or locked, then only the selected ones will be recorded.This is more comfortable in the case you have tried out a lot (what is the normal case...) 

You also could move and lock attributes....

There is no sense in recording a crossfade and changing the behavior in  sequencelist (mode) afterwards, because you will lock everything....

Lock and Movefades cannot execute ch times and partfades....thats why it might be better to record the (sofisticated and chtime optimized) "40min sundowner" as crossfade and  execute it in another sequence or in a master.

Related