Unexpected FCB Delay behavior

Hello all,

Something a little odd just happened, & I don't exactly get it. I'm running a Sequence more or less out of order, jumping around as needed--it's a holiday concert, they're making it up as they go along. 

Unnoticed, one of my Presets had 100% Delay set for all parameters, F, C, B. The only changes happening here are color and intensity. When I [#] [GOTO]'d that step, (it was step 3, Preset 801) color faded normally throughout the 10-second crossfade time--even though the crossfade graphic showed the FCB delays--and when it reached the end of the Delay & start of attribute fade proper, the color snapped back to the previous Preset and then faded to the proper one again in 10. It was a very noticeable change, we all jumped :).

Finding the Delay on the Preset surprised me, as I had not set it, though Step 1/Preset 1 had a Delay left over from the show it had been imported from. What exactly is up, here? With all attributes delayed, I would not have expected the color fade to start immediately, nor snap back.

[edited by: Anne S at 10:27 PM (GMT -6) on Fri, Nov 29 2013] Hey, 100th post!
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related