Is Congo being replaced?

So I was looking at the new Cobalt console and was noticing its similarity to the Congo in the look and layout of the console.  I also noticed on this datasheet http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/miscdocs/4370L1005-GB_Cobalt_Family_App_Sht_vA.pdf that it lists Congo jr and Congo kid as being "powered by Cobalt", but no mention of the Congo, Sr.  I'm curious how this is going to work.  Are you using the same facepanel but given a choice of software on the smaller consoles or are you going to stop developing the Congo software altogether, thus leaving the Congo a dinosaur?  I've been a champion of the Congo console for many years now and would hate to see it stop development, every new release has made the desk even better.

Parents
  • Hi JR - 

No worries, the new Cobalt software will work on Congo consoles as well. The Congo console hardware itself, however, is no longer being manufactured (as always we still support everything we've ever made.) As we continue development for Cobalt, the intent is to keep the software compatible with the older Congo hardware family. There may be a point in the future, however, where the old hardware can't support something we do in the new software, but I cannot foresee this happening any time soon. Make sense?

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Welche Vorteile hätte denn die Cobalt Software auf der Congo?

Gruß

Sabine

Theater Dortmund

• Congo v6.4.1 ist der letzte Congo Software Update überhaupt. Ab jetzt gibts nur noch Cobalt Software v7 und weiter.  

Das Cobalt Software wird auf alle Congo und Cobalt Familie Konsolen - das heisst Congo (Senior), Congo Jr,

Congo Kid, Congo Light Server und Congo PC -  funktionieren.

Die Vorteile der Cobalt Software auf Congo Konsolen upzudaten:

- weitere Neuigkeiten, Fehlerlösungen und Kundenwünschen - so weit möglich noch werden reingebracht.

- Aktuelle: Geräte Steuerungs Dock und Direct Selects Dock sind Neue Funktionen für Congo Konsolen.

Schöne Tag noch!

• Hello

I don´t know if I understand the last Corey's post cause it's in German and the google translate to Portuguese it's a little bit weird.

So the V6.4.1 it's the last update to all Congo consoles and after this we have to use the Cobalt software is it this??

How can we try the Cobalt software?? Where can we download it??

It will be safe to use Congo Sr and Jr with plays saved in Congo software??

Pedro Alves

• Hi Pedro - 

The software should be available to download next week. It has been extensively tested on Congo family hardware - there's no issue bringing files from older software versions into the Cobalt software.

Thanks!

Sarah

• Hi Sarah.

Thanks for your quick response. My question is about the hardware cause we've got our Congo Sr since late 2005 begining 2006 (I'm not sure of the date) and the only thing that as change was one of the Direct Selects and one Bottom Master displays because the lost of brightness.

Is this "old" hardware compatible with new Cobalt software???? I just want to know to say something to my TD and maybe when my country
    stabilize the financial problems we can bought the new Cobalt, and at that time it will be the version 50.

Thanks

Pedro Alves

• Hi Sarah.

Thanks for your quick response. My question is about the hardware cause we've got our Congo Sr since late 2005 begining 2006 (I'm not sure of the date) and the only thing that as change was one of the Direct Selects and one Bottom Master displays because the lost of brightness.

Is this "old" hardware compatible with new Cobalt software???? I just want to know to say something to my TD and maybe when my country
    stabilize the financial problems we can bought the new Cobalt, and at that time it will be the version 50.

Thanks

Pedro Alves

Children
Related