Wireless Network

So I do a lot of TV...actually come to think of it, I only do TV now. But I'm constantly having to move around (expecially on a Sound Stage, and before the cameras are setup). Is it possible to make Congo wireless. Obviously I would need power, but can I use a wireless card or adaptor in Congo and Jr and have a wireless router at my node/switch rack to transmit?

MZ
Congo Owner and Proud User

[edited by: mzinman at 10:06 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Feb 01 2007]
Parents
  • Michael,

ETC does not recommend using a lighting control console wirelessly.  Since it's the source of EDMX, if you were to loose your wireless connection your lights would go out.  This is why the only wireless contol product we have is the WRFU for Emphasis and Obsession II.  There are Radio RFU's for Congo, EOS and Expression, however if you loose your RFU it's not a show stopper.

Since Congo's operating system is Embedded XP, there's not effective way for you to install drivers/configure your wireless network.  ETC does not do testing with Congo/Congo jr with a wireless card. If you were to connect a wireless NIC card and install drivers, you run the risk of driver/hardware conflicts so I can't guarantee the integrity of the software after this modification.

I would not suggest running your control console wirelessly.

• I've had some success using the client software on a wireless laptop.  It may not be a stable enough connection for show purposes but it could be useful notes and such.
Reply Children
No Data
Related