Multiple Location Network Setup Help

Hi all,

I have what might be a strange network setup question. I work at a large church with multiple locations, and one lighting person (myself).

I have done some things to make my job easier in an attempt to make the weekly production more doable across multiple locations. Things like similar equipment, matching channeling layouts, and using pallets.

Currently I am having to travel to multiple locations in order to program every week, especially when last second changes have to happen. 

With my current setups and pallets, I am abe to program blindly if need be. However my some of my volunteer are not capable of making last second changes which can require me to travel to remote locations.

What I would like to do: I would love to setup a network scheme where I can remotely create and/or edit any location's cues from my laptop or another console.

With our IT department, I am not really concerned about connoting my light board to the company network, with our routing capabilities I am confident they can isolate me enough from the scary outside internet. 

My current workflow is to program at one location, save the file to USB, and load that from from the USB derive at the remote locations. This works fine currently, but I would love to be able to make changes remotely if need be.

My questions:

Is this even possible; can I make remote changes from one board and save it to another?

Do any of you have any suggestions on how to best do this?

Would using the file server be a good way to share files?

Attached you can see a basic setup of our network, and they various toys at each location. As you'll see there is one location that gets neglected currently.

Thanks so much for any thoughts on this hair brained idea of mine.

Related