Several Congo softwares in one desk?

Hello,

we are getting troubles to update congo sofware with the update function, so we have to do it manually by finding new software on our USB dongle. On the add/delete softwares window of the system, we found 3 different versions of Congo. 4.3.3 (the one we use), 4.2.1 and aven an older one, something like 4.0.2, I can't remember for sure. Is it normal that older versions are kept installed in the console? is this related to the first issue I wrote about?

thanx for answering

Stephan
  • A few upgrades back (I forget exactly which) we changed the installer for Congo upgrades.

Before the change, the registry keys that Windows XP Embedded uses to populate that list were left alone, with an extra entry being added for the newest version so you could see a list of previously-installed versions.

Now we've made that change, the installer isn't adding an extra key but instead changes the previous one to indicate the currently-installed version only.

You can safely ignore this list, and you don't need to open it when doing an upgrade 'manually', as you only need to open the memory stick and run the installer program.

In Congo 5.0 we are revamping the system settings dialog and the upgrade process again to make it much more friendly.

[edited by: Richard at 3:22 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Mar 13 2008]
Related