vlc safari vs Congo

After having used the vlc software for 12 years, there are a few things I miss or can't find in my new congo. I've only gotten  to use it on one real show, so I'm still adjusting.

Is there a way to save a default patch?  I work in a rental venue where 98% of our clients use my house patch and it would be nice to open a new show and keep my patch.  Or is there a way to mass delete all presets and clear sequences so that patch and direct selects and chases  are still available.

I have a client that uses other venues after mine.  If I save a show to floppy, will an Emphasis load the cues and run without too much trouble.

Are you working on a better print function?  The safari version with selectable options was a lot better.The text format  isn't very good.

I tried to download the offline editor, but every time I try to extract it, it says there is a problem reading the file.  Any suggestions?  Is there a way to download the editor without the congo software?

Thanks

Dan Palmer

Gusman Center for the Performing Arts

Miami, Fl

Parents
  • Hi Dan -

Regarding the default patch - I would recommend that you create a default playto start from each time rather than using the New play function.  You could do this by deleting all the other data in your play and saving that as your new base, or by importing the patch from a known "good" play into a new file. If you go the Import route, please remember to import your Templates first, then the Patch. Alternatively, you could send me a known good play and I can strip out all the extra bits for you and send it back as we do not currently have a way to delete more than one preset/sequence/group at a time.

Taking data from one console to another is always an interesting thing. Using the ASCII file format that Congo uses is a path you can use. I cannot speak directly to how a Congo play will transfer to another console via ASCII, but if you or your client has a play he'd like us to look at for transfer to Emphasis, please send it along.

Print functionality will be improved in a future version of software, though I cannot comment on how soon that will be.

The Offline Editor is the Congo software, so there is nothing to separate. If you have the file available to install in your Congo, you can use the exact same installer on your PC to install the Congo Offline Editor. I'm not sure what's going on in your case, but it appears that the zip file is being corrupted when you download it. In the mean time, I will check with our Web master to see if anything strange has happened to that file at our end. Or are you trying to download/install the Mac version? Please let me know...

Thanks -

Sarah

[edited by: sclausen at 12:44 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Feb 05 2007]
  • Thanks for the info.  Another question.  In Safari, you could make dimmers active while patching, so that you could insure that you were patching the right lights.Is there a way to do this while in output editor or output list?

• In Congo, when you have selected channel(s) or output(s) in the Output Editor, you can set levels with @Level or the level wheel.

If you use +/- on outputs, the level you have set will move to the new output (like Check mode).

You can select a range of outputs (like a dimmer rack) with # OUTPUT # THRU. Then you can use Next/Last to highlight one of these at a time to identify it and patch it before you step to the next.

I hope this solves your problem.

• In Congo, when you have selected channel(s) or output(s) in the Output Editor, you can set levels with @Level or the level wheel.

If you use +/- on outputs, the level you have set will move to the new output (like Check mode).

You can select a range of outputs (like a dimmer rack) with # OUTPUT # THRU. Then you can use Next/Last to highlight one of these at a time to identify it and patch it before you step to the next.

I hope this solves your problem.

Children
No Data
Related