Presets in main playback

Sometimes it happens that a theater company is programming the console and would like to copy a preset made earlier. I know you can grap and drop the preset and make a copy of it.

But now they want to change something on the copied preset but not in the original one. How can I do that?

So far when I make a change in a preset it makes the changes in all the same preset numbers. Is it possible to rename the copied preset and so make changes that do not affect all the others?

Thanks for you help.

Filip

Cube521/Congo Kid

Parents
  • There is only ever one Preset with a given number.

However, you can re-use the same Preset as many times as you like.
    As there is only one Preset 1, any changes you make to it will of course also be seen everywhere that Preset 1 is re-used.

Up until now, you've been re-using the same Preset(s) many times.

You now want to COPY the Preset instead, and create a new Preset with a new number so that changing the original has no effect on the copy (and vice-versa).

There's two main ways to do this 'blind':

In the Preset List:

• [COPY/CUT]
    • # [PASTE]

In the Sequence List, to turn a re-use into a copy:

• Select the Preset number cell
    • # [Modify]
    • Choose the option "Copy" to make a copy of the Preset with the new Preset number.

[edited by: Richard at 9:45 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 7 2014]
  • There is only ever one Preset with a given number.

However, you can re-use the same Preset as many times as you like.
    As there is only one Preset 1, any changes you make to it will of course also be seen everywhere that Preset 1 is re-used.

Up until now, you've been re-using the same Preset(s) many times.

You now want to COPY the Preset instead, and create a new Preset with a new number so that changing the original has no effect on the copy (and vice-versa).

There's two main ways to do this 'blind':

In the Preset List:

• [COPY/CUT]
    • # [PASTE]

In the Sequence List, to turn a re-use into a copy:

• Select the Preset number cell
    • # [Modify]
    • Choose the option "Copy" to make a copy of the Preset with the new Preset number.

[edited by: Richard at 9:45 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 7 2014]
Children
Related