Seeing your rig and working with it on the congo offline

Hi all on the demo days at London we had a screen to see what was going on in the desk, Jerry did say where to get this from but i have forgotten :(

Anyone know where i can get this from so i can do offline stuff.

Carl

Parents
  • I think you might be referring to the Channel Layouts, but I'm not sure. Channel Layouts can be set up in any configuration you like by clicking and dragging icons around a tab. You can access the editor by going to the Browser>Setup>Channel Layouts. Press INSERT to insert a new channel layout into the list (you can have 999 in a play). Then use the editing tools described in the manual/help system to lay out your channels, groups, palettes, etc. on the tab. The symbol that each channel uses is stored in the Channel Database, found in the Browser>Patching>Channel Database.

To assign a layout to the Live tab, press LIVE, then # FORMAT (the # is the number of the layout you want to use). You can also place channel layouts on Masters and activate them by pressing the master keys. In this case, the LIVE tab must be focussed before pressing the master key.

I hope that's what you are looking for. If not, just let me know and I'll try to help further...

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Sarah, Thanks but I knew this already, the thing what I was trying to say if I select all my mac 300 then put them into a circle dynamic I could see what each unit was doing in a live state. This was like the WYSIWYG vertulization screen.

Carl

Reply Children
  • You will be thinking of the built-in Capture visualiser player. This is not for production use, and there is no editor for the existing shows.
     - It's there to help you to learn the desk.

It can be found under [Browser]>Media>Training Projects.

Load one of the built-in shows - Small Theatre, Sketching etc, and then open the associated Training Project.

Please note:
     At present, this does not work on Congo Junior due to limitations within Capture.

• Ah, this would be the Training tab. Congo offers training projects that can be viewed on the console itself. At the moment, these tabs can be displayed on the Congo console, but not the Congo jr. Also, you may have trouble viewing the tab on PCs with ATI video cards. In version 4.3 of Congo/Congo jr/Congo Offline, this limitation should be removed.

The Training tab is powered by a Capture visualization plug-in. It's designed to allow for small projects to be run in training or tech support situations. It is not designed to allow for built-in visualizations of just any Capture file since it takes resources from the processor and memory in the console. If you were to run a big visualization file in addition to running a real show, you may see performance issues in the console.

So, you can use the training projects we provide in the Browser>Media>Training Projects menu, which conveniently also have plays already made for them. Or, you can use Congo Offline Editor with an external visualizer - Capture or any other visualizer will work if it can take in a network protocol that Congo speaks - Avab IPX or ArtNet or ETCNet2. If you go this route, Congo Offline will transmit a very slow update rate to the visualizer so you can see the end states of presets.

I hope this helps -

Thanks -

Sarah 

Related