How to make a 0 time bump?

Hi All,

Presently when I need a bump with a time of 0, I have to make it a .1 time bump.

Is there something I am missing or will the console not accept a time of 0?

I am on a Congo, Jr. with 4.3.2 software.

Alex Amyot

Techincal Director

The University of Tampa

Parents
  • Congo uses 0 to mean "Clear back to Default Time"

If you need an actual Zero Seconds, the best way is to make the Default Time 0 seconds, and set a proper time for all the other sequence steps.

Alternatively, you can use 0 in Channel Times and achieve the bump that way.

• Hi there -

To clarify - the time Richard is refering to is the Default Go Time and you can change it easily using SETUP & GO. Just highlight the proper cell in the dialog and type 0 MODIFY. To get fades then, you will need to enter specific step timing as you record, or you can open the Sequence List and add those times later.

If you prefer to have the default time on the Go button, then you will have to live with the 0.1 second "bumps".

The reason for this is because Congo actually uses "0" to indicate "nothing" - and when there is no value in a time location, the time from the next level up is used. To illustrate - if you don't give sequence steps any time, they use the Default Go Time (one level up in "vagueness"). As you get more specific about timing info (from GO, to Step, to Channel,  to parameters), it's the most specific time that gets used.

Thanks -

Sarah 

• Hi.

I record 0.1 s. : )
    Do not create 0 s. default time, becouse it is dengerous : ), when You press GO no in time - You can't stop the cue..

Pozdrawiam
    Michał 

[edited by: Michał at 12:36 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Apr 10 2008]
  • I use the Seq + key to do those bumps.  I tried writing a show with a 0 default time and found myself annoyed by not having the default for everything but the bumps, especially when I added something in quickly and didn't think about changing time until it was too late!

J. R. Lidgett
    Salina Community Theatre

• I use the Seq + key to do those bumps.  I tried writing a show with a 0 default time and found myself annoyed by not having the default for everything but the bumps, especially when I added something in quickly and didn't think about changing time until it was too late!

J. R. Lidgett
    Salina Community Theatre

Children
  • Hi All,

as we use a lot of fast reacting lighting staff (HMI Shutters and fluorescents) running the desk with 0 as default is a good solution for us.

In fact 0,1 sec is not the same speed as 0 as default, you could see runtime differences....The best solution would be if the desk could handle zero as time, but  using 0 as default and get used to it is OK.  I often use manual fades if I havent set the timing.

• Using the [Seq+] key can be dangerous, as all the 'automated' stuff like Macro triggers, Master Links and similar functions aren't executed when you use the [Seq+] and [Seq-] keys.

This is because we expect these keys to be used when you want to quickly jump forward/backward in the sequence, and probably don't want any of the automated stuff getting in the way of seeing the base looks you've recorded.

Related