X,M,L

Hi all. 

Please let me know about X, and M and L.

X is cross fade and M is movefade and L is lockfade.

X is memorized in the state of Notracking.
M will be in a tracking state.
L does not change to others until time is completed.

Here, I can't understand Movefade.

M cannot be pulled although a channel can be added.

Because, 0% does not enter in Congo.

If there is the good usage, please let me know.

Parents
  • Hi Kani -

X, M and L refer to the fade type used in a sequence.

X = Crossfade. When one look crossfades to another, levels that are staying the same between looks are replayed when you press go. Normally you won't see this because normally you press go after the completion of the first look. If you press go before the first look has completed, the fade timing of the new look may affect levels that are technically "not changing". So, if step 1 has a 5 second time, and step 2 has a 20 second time, pressing go before step one has completed will cause levels to assume the 20 second fade rather than completing in the original 5 second time.

M=Move Fade. Congo is a preset style crossfading console by design. However, sometimes you want to allow fades-within-fades. If you set a step to the Move Fade type, and follow it with another Move Fade step, only channels with new levels will be affected by the fade timing. So, to use the example above, if step 1 has a 5 second time and is set to Move Fade, and step 2 has a 20 second time and is also set to Move Fade, if you press go before step 1 has completed channels with the same level setting in step 1 and 2 will continue to follow step 1's time.

L=Lock Fade. Lock fade is the same as Move Fade with the rule that almost nothing will affect channels in a Lock Fade once it has started. The
     exception is that using Seq + and Seq - will stop ongoing Lock Fades.

If there's more you'd like to know, please let me know.

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Kani -

X, M and L refer to the fade type used in a sequence.

X = Crossfade. When one look crossfades to another, levels that are staying the same between looks are replayed when you press go. Normally you won't see this because normally you press go after the completion of the first look. If you press go before the first look has completed, the fade timing of the new look may affect levels that are technically "not changing". So, if step 1 has a 5 second time, and step 2 has a 20 second time, pressing go before step one has completed will cause levels to assume the 20 second fade rather than completing in the original 5 second time.

M=Move Fade. Congo is a preset style crossfading console by design. However, sometimes you want to allow fades-within-fades. If you set a step to the Move Fade type, and follow it with another Move Fade step, only channels with new levels will be affected by the fade timing. So, to use the example above, if step 1 has a 5 second time and is set to Move Fade, and step 2 has a 20 second time and is also set to Move Fade, if you press go before step 1 has completed channels with the same level setting in step 1 and 2 will continue to follow step 1's time.

L=Lock Fade. Lock fade is the same as Move Fade with the rule that almost nothing will affect channels in a Lock Fade once it has started. The
     exception is that using Seq + and Seq - will stop ongoing Lock Fades.

If there's more you'd like to know, please let me know.

Thanks -

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related