Importing Color Palettes to a new play

Hi,

I started with a new play and tried to import some automated fixtures into it from another Congo file.

I was able to import the templates, and devices.

Next, I tried to import the color palettes, but even though it imported the palette names, it didn't import the values for the palette.

The color palettes had been recorded for each device type.

Was I doing something wrong?  If so what?

Thanks,

John

Parents
  • Importing palettes that are stored as Per Device Type is a bit complicated. This is because they store the index to the template in the template list. To be able to import such palettes correctly, you need to have the exact same templates in the exact same order in the play in memory and in the play you are importing from. If you have this, it should work.

We are discussing a rewrite of the whole Import Wizard in a future software version to be more intelligent and handle special situations like this automatically. And, to make it easier to copy data between show files.

• Importing palettes that are stored as Per Device Type is a bit complicated. This is because they store the index to the template in the template list. To be able to import such palettes correctly, you need to have the exact same templates in the exact same order in the play in memory and in the play you are importing from. If you have this, it should work.

We are discussing a rewrite of the whole Import Wizard in a future software version to be more intelligent and handle special situations like this automatically. And, to make it easier to copy data between show files.

Children
No Data
Related