Insight 3 - can I use this file

Hi all, I know i can convert strand fies but a show is coming in with a ETC insight 3 disk and they have asked if we can takethis disk if not i have to paper plot this with 102 cues dont really want to do this !!!!!!!!!!

Thanking you in advance

Carlos

Parents
  • Carl, the best way to approach this is through the ascii export/import features of congo and expression offline.

You can load the showfile into Expression Offline and use the Convert -> Write ASCII option from the menu.  Put that file onto a usb key and use the file -> import from -> usb memory option on congo to import the parts of it that you want.

You will still need to patch the show on Congo and there is usually some touchup required to the looks, but compared to keypunching 100+ cues . . . not that much.

Of course your mileage may vary depending on the show content so be sure to try this when you've got some time -- not at 10 minutes to go :) .

Hope that helps,

[edited by: Tracy.Fitch at 4:35 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Feb 19 2007]
  • Carl, the best way to approach this is through the ascii export/import features of congo and expression offline.

You can load the showfile into Expression Offline and use the Convert -> Write ASCII option from the menu.  Put that file onto a usb key and use the file -> import from -> usb memory option on congo to import the parts of it that you want.

You will still need to patch the show on Congo and there is usually some touchup required to the looks, but compared to keypunching 100+ cues . . . not that much.

Of course your mileage may vary depending on the show content so be sure to try this when you've got some time -- not at 10 minutes to go :) .

Hope that helps,

[edited by: Tracy.Fitch at 4:35 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Feb 19 2007]
Children
Related