Dell S2240T Monitor to RVI

Having some problems with the "touch" feature of the monitor working with an RVI. 

Both the RVI and the console are running the same version of software and the devices are seeing eachother... When I try to "Calibrate ETC Touch Monitors" in the [Shell > Settings], a window pops up showing "no device"... This is probably a common error and I'm overlooking something very simple.

Looking for any advice anyone can offer, I will be actively checking this and the facebook group and can answer questions as they pop up. Thanks!

Parents
  • the solution is actually in your post. you have a dell monitor, but you click "calibrate ETC". non-ETC/ELO monitors are calibrated from inside Monitor Arrangement. the question really is, if that touchscreen is compatible with your RVI. it only would be if your RVI is running win7 but i think it probably runs on XP...
  • Thanks... I'm a little afraid of that. It's not recognizing the monitor at all. When I'm in Monitor Arrangement, it only asks for "Elo Settings"... Same window is appearing showing that there's "No Device"
  • As ueli said, this monitor is only compatible with Windows 7 Embedded consoles.

As you've posted in Legacy-Congo rather than Cobalt I'm guessing your RVI is fairly old, which will mean it's an XP-Embedded unit.
    The touch function of that monitor cannot be used on XP-Embedded consoles and RVIs.

This page has details on checking whether your console or RVI can support these touchscreens.

There are two ways to check:

• The Windows XP-Embedded RVI (and consoles) briefly show a splash screen that says "Windows XP Embedded" during boot.

• The Windows 7-Embedded RVI and consoles have two RJ45 or Ethercon sockets on the back, while the XP-E has only one.

If yours is an XP-E one, then it may be possible to upgrade the RVI to Win7 Embedded depending on its hardware revision. See this page for details.

• As ueli said, this monitor is only compatible with Windows 7 Embedded consoles.

As you've posted in Legacy-Congo rather than Cobalt I'm guessing your RVI is fairly old, which will mean it's an XP-Embedded unit.
    The touch function of that monitor cannot be used on XP-Embedded consoles and RVIs.

This page has details on checking whether your console or RVI can support these touchscreens.

There are two ways to check:

• The Windows XP-Embedded RVI (and consoles) briefly show a splash screen that says "Windows XP Embedded" during boot.

• The Windows 7-Embedded RVI and consoles have two RJ45 or Ethercon sockets on the back, while the XP-E has only one.

If yours is an XP-E one, then it may be possible to upgrade the RVI to Win7 Embedded depending on its hardware revision. See this page for details.

Children
No Data
Related