The chases disappears from the masters

I'm trying to save some chase effects to masters on Congo Jr, and then link them in my sequences so they can be played in preprogrammed sequences during show. But the chase effects keeps disappearing from the masters when I run my sequences. Why is that? I don't wanna be forced to run my chases manually during shows, so this is quite frustrating. I have successfully saved chases in sequences before, but perhaps I did it in some other way? Suggestions please? The manual isn't helping.

Parents
  • Hi there -

I think to help we're going to need more information. How are you linking the masters to the steps? Using a master link should not make chases disappear, unless the master link itself contains different master contents. The master link will load whatever contents are included in the master link itself, which means if another page is loaded or other contents are loaded to that master manually, the master link will always play back the correct (or at least the included) contents from the link. Please check that the master link contains the chase you intend to play back. I think you should be able to attach a show file to a post here in the forums. If the above advice hasn't solved the problem, please give us a copy of your show file so we can take a look at exactly what's going on.

I hope this helps - 

Thanks -

Sarah

• Where do I upload the show file? Can't find anywhere to do this. I've linked the masters in the sequence list through master link and for example chosen master 20 in the master link in sequence 6.0. Master 20 contains the chase I want to add in sequence 6.0. Can I email the show file?
  • Hi there -

Reply to this message and look in the lower right corner of the reply area, click the USE RICH FORMATTING option. This gives you a bunch of formatting icons above the text you type in. Choose the icon that looks like a film clip standing on end (second row near the middle). Choose your show file and let it attach. The message will look strange until you post it, once it's posted it should look ok.

Thanks!

Sarah

• https://community.etcconnect.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/11/fattiga-barn.003

I might have found something that helped me. When I update an existing step there is an option under advanced called Register attribute-mode. I changed that to all, and now the chases seem to work in the steps as I wish, THOUGH they are still missing from the masters??

• Is this the most recent version of your show file? Normally that comes with a .asc extension. A .003 file is a backup file from 4 saves ago...
  • As I thought, the master links don't have any content in them. I suggest setting your chase effect playbacks to the settings you want to use (which chase/what taprate) and then recording these settings into a preset. Place the preset on the master. Use the master link to trigger the master containing that preset (include the preset and number in the ContentType/Content cells in the master link). This will guarantee the proper playback of your chases.

The way this showfile is currently set up is with the effect playback directly assigned to the master playback. This means that the master will raise and lower the effect playback's intensity, but the master has no knowledge of the other parameters of the effect (like which chase should play back and at what speed). Only by configuring and recording your effect playback into a preset can you guarantee the state of the effect playback.

It's like assigning an LED fixture or a moving light channel directly to a master - the master can raise and lower intensity of that channel, or select that channel by pressing a button, but the master cannot change any other parameters of the fixture, like color or pan/tilt, because those parameters aren't controlled by the master. It's the same with effect playbacks.

Does this help?

Thanks much -

Sarah

• As I thought, the master links don't have any content in them. I suggest setting your chase effect playbacks to the settings you want to use (which chase/what taprate) and then recording these settings into a preset. Place the preset on the master. Use the master link to trigger the master containing that preset (include the preset and number in the ContentType/Content cells in the master link). This will guarantee the proper playback of your chases.

The way this showfile is currently set up is with the effect playback directly assigned to the master playback. This means that the master will raise and lower the effect playback's intensity, but the master has no knowledge of the other parameters of the effect (like which chase should play back and at what speed). Only by configuring and recording your effect playback into a preset can you guarantee the state of the effect playback.

It's like assigning an LED fixture or a moving light channel directly to a master - the master can raise and lower intensity of that channel, or select that channel by pressing a button, but the master cannot change any other parameters of the fixture, like color or pan/tilt, because those parameters aren't controlled by the master. It's the same with effect playbacks.

Does this help?

Thanks much -

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related