Backup

Hi everyone

Is it possible to use an AVAB console (Tiger) as backup of the Congo?? I ask this because we now have the Congo and the Congo Jr. working in 2 differents venues and we need backup to them. Before the Congo system we have the AVAB console TIGER working and the LYNX as backup.

Pedro Alves 

Parents
  • Tiger and Lynx consoles both run Safari software. Therefore, you could always play back the exact same show data on both systems. They could also be connected with each other on the network.

Safari and Congo are two different software concepts, although they have many similarities. They cannot be connected to each other on the network. The only way they can talk to each other is by exchanging ASCII LIght Cues show files.

Safari version 3.7 can read Congo show files pretty well so you should be able to get most data across in this case.

But, you will not be able to play back the exact same show on the Tiger without manual reprogramming. And, there may be functions in the Congo that has no equivalent in a Safari system.

All in all, I am not sure if this is what you would like for an easy to use backup system...

• Tiger and Lynx consoles both run Safari software. Therefore, you could always play back the exact same show data on both systems. They could also be connected with each other on the network.

Safari and Congo are two different software concepts, although they have many similarities. They cannot be connected to each other on the network. The only way they can talk to each other is by exchanging ASCII LIght Cues show files.

Safari version 3.7 can read Congo show files pretty well so you should be able to get most data across in this case.

But, you will not be able to play back the exact same show on the Tiger without manual reprogramming. And, there may be functions in the Congo that has no equivalent in a Safari system.

All in all, I am not sure if this is what you would like for an easy to use backup system...

Children
No Data
Related