Backup

Hi everyone

Is it possible to use an AVAB console (Tiger) as backup of the Congo?? I ask this because we now have the Congo and the Congo Jr. working in 2 differents venues and we need backup to them. Before the Congo system we have the AVAB console TIGER working and the LYNX as backup.

Pedro Alves 

Parents
  • However, Congo and Congo Jr run exactly the same software and can act as backups for each other.

A fairly common setup is a Congo as primary with a Junior as synchronised backup - the backup Junior wouldn't necessarily need a wing unless you are doing lots of work with the masters during the show.

The synchronised backup works seamlessly over ETC Net2, but you'd have to manually switch over the DMX if you are using the console output ports.

[edited by: Richard at 11:41 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Feb 27 2007] [edited by: Richard at 7:24 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Feb 23 2007]
  • Richard, are you currently running a Jr in Backup Sync with a Congo? I am interested in finding a good backup solution and wonder if Jr takes control seamlessly in case of a Congo failure. If you have experience I'd love to hear about how it works.

At the moment my main Congo has a DMX DataLynx acting as a panic backup; the Net2 Nodes are enabled to HLL long enough for the DataLynx to see failure and snapshot last good look, but it's not an ideal solution and is temporary in any case. Our facility owns two Congos but the second desk is not always available to run in Backup Sync since we have a second performance space, so I'm pondering the Jr.

• Hi Anne - 

Congo jr is designed to act as a backup for Congo, just like you can do with a larger Congo console, there is no difference. You will see the exact same takeover time with jr as you do with Congo.

Hope this helps-

Thanks -

Sarah 

Reply Children
No Data
Related