Anyone having trouble editing presets stored on masters?

I am wondering if anyone's run into any trouble editing a preset (in the preset editor) while said preset is loaded onto a master. I have had crash issues in past editing presets in a sequence loaded to a master--tech support is aware of this, so I don't do it any more--but I've never known if a single preset loaded to a master would cause a similar problem.

Had a show tonight with a guest LD who wanted to run his presets manually on faders; I found a tracking mistake in the show but hesitated to edit the presets w/them loaded on the masters.   The error wasn't show-destroyingly important and the house was open by the time I spotted it, so I chickened out. Any reason to worry?

Anne 

Parents Reply
  • Hi Ann,

You can also press and hold [Modify] and the Assign key of your Master(where your preset is). This opens the Master Editor at the right preset. You can then make the changes you want. If you move away from the preset or close the Master Editor without hitting [update], this change is only on the Masterpage and not in the preset itself. You could then assign the unchanged old preset to a different master.
    If you want to make the change permanent, hit [Update].

I hope that helps....

Florian

Children
Related