Master Fader Wing

The Master Fader Wing failed on my Congo Jr.  I was programing our annual dance show with out the fader wing and went to record a new master and the console would not record it. The masters were there that I had recorded before the wing failed and was able to use them because I had docked them and they functioned but when I wanted to record a new master the console would not record it.  Pulled out the manual, read the pages, addressed the master pages though the master page screen and the encoder wheel display on the Congo Jr but could not save a new master.  The story has a happy ending ETC sent me a loaner it arrived before the production opened.  Dance show programmed, choreographer happy; but I am curious as to what I was doing wrong.  How do you record a master without a master wing? The instructions in the manual as I understood them did not work. Any suggestions?  Congo Jr with 6.4 loaded by the way.

Regards Mark Ayers

Parents
  • Hi Mark -

Sorry to hear about the wing issues. I've tried to record to a master offline with Congo v6.4.1 and had no problems using the Console Mimic dock in Masters format. Set levels, select channels as usual, press and hold the "R" key on my laptop and click the virtual master key in the dock. This displays the record dialog as expected - what method were you using? You can also record presets to the preset list using RECORD & PRESET, then use the Masters List display in the browser to assign prerecorded presets to masters without (or with, actually) a wing in place.

Can you send more details of what you needed to do?

Thanks!

Sarah

• Hi Mark -

Sorry to hear about the wing issues. I've tried to record to a master offline with Congo v6.4.1 and had no problems using the Console Mimic dock in Masters format. Set levels, select channels as usual, press and hold the "R" key on my laptop and click the virtual master key in the dock. This displays the record dialog as expected - what method were you using? You can also record presets to the preset list using RECORD & PRESET, then use the Masters List display in the browser to assign prerecorded presets to masters without (or with, actually) a wing in place.

Can you send more details of what you needed to do?

Thanks!

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related