patch anomaly

Yesterday, i loaded a show that I had saved to experiment with building effects using my repertory patch.  I tried to bring up some lights live to see the results and nothing happened.  i went into patch,outputs, and everything was there .  However, wwhen I went into the channel list everything was listed as patched 1 to 1.  How is this possible?  Also, with my panther, I had an avab universal remote 1.  Is it possible to use this through the APN like I used to as well as the radio remote?  I really liked the feature of tatally seperate control, and with the new remote it is too easy to accidentally record something into the show. 

Thanks

Dan 

Parents
  • Hi Dan -

I've asked our software developer to take a look at this question and provide an answer. I'm sure he will have some questions about the play file you used. Did you simply open the file on the Congo or did you Import data from that file into a new play?

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Hi Dan,

Just like Sarah says, I am interested in a copy of your show file along with information on what you were doing and what you were tring to achieve.

Are we talking about dimmers or moving lights?

It isn't possible to use the old APN based remote control with Congo. Sorry.

Anders

[edited by: Anders Ekvall at 3:07 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Feb 27 2007] [edited by: Anders Ekvall at 3:06 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Feb 27 2007]
  • I had an odd patch anomaly a couple of days ago, perhaps similar: 

I had saved a copy of a show to experiment with, and found an output universe--(513-1024) partially patched 1:1, partially clear--that I don't actually use for anything. So in the Patch Wizard, I chose "Clear Dimmer Patch" from 513 to 1024 and did NOT check "Apply to All." My whole patch, five DMX universes, went 1:1, clearing devices as well. 

Devices (VL1000's) had been patched with remote dimmers in 1-512, attribute DMX in 1025-2560. Perhaps it is relevant that the channel numbers assigned to these movers are 701-751, which was the exact range of outputs I had found cleared in the 513-1024 range, with the rest of the range patched 1:1. Apparently the previous user who set up the patch had everything in that range 1:1 until he patched movers and chose channels 701-751 for the moving lights. 

Could this be related to Dan's patching issue?

v4.2.1 here, on a loaner desk. 

• I have now looked carefully at this.

I cannot really see how anything except dimmer outputs 513-1024 could be affected by the command you describe.

Devices should not be affected in any way even they are patched to outputs in the 513-1024 range. Devices have their own patch that is completely separate from the dimmer patch that this command works on.

Where did you see that the five universes were cleared? Output List/Output Editor etc?

Where did you see that the devices were gone? Device Settings?

• I have now looked carefully at this.

I cannot really see how anything except dimmer outputs 513-1024 could be affected by the command you describe.

Devices should not be affected in any way even they are patched to outputs in the 513-1024 range. Devices have their own patch that is completely separate from the dimmer patch that this command works on.

Where did you see that the five universes were cleared? Output List/Output Editor etc?

Where did you see that the devices were gone? Device Settings?

Children
Related