Congo Offline v5 now available for Mac!

Download it and the the alpha-numeric keyboard shortcuts here.

This installer works on both PowerPC and Intel Macs. 

Thanks!

Sarah 

Parents Reply Children
  • I'm getting this crash too on a Core Duo Mac Mini with 10.5.2. It happens when you try and open the wizard. Congo just locks up with spinning beech ball.

Richard 

• I can't reproduce any of the two crashes. Which wizard are you using?

MacBook 10.5.2 

• I'm loading the "Import Template Wizard" from the browser by double clicking on it. Nothing opens and the app hangs. Also after force quitting congo the whole machine seems to become unresponsive and slow.

Richard 

Edited to add:

I've just tried it at home on an old G4 Mac Mini (also 10.5.2) and do not get this crash, however I have noticed that the installer has put a lot more things in the Congo folder in applications. On my Core Duo mini at work I have only got "congo" and "congo settings" but on my home machine I've also got a whole bunch of other files including a bunch of .def files, two of which I believe to be the fixture template files (template.def and carallon.def). As an experiment I've removed the two files above, and as a result I can recreate the crash. I will try re-installing it tomorrow at work. Can you confirm that there should be more than the two files I have on my work machine?

[edited by: richard_cooper at 3:57 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 14 2008] [edited by: richard_cooper at 3:45 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 14 2008]
  •  Hi Richard!

I'm not a Congo guru, but I am more than a bit Mac-savy... 

Yes, I've seen that verified here at ETC this morning (apparently Tori brought to me after your message this morning)... the sluggishness you see afterwards is the process "syslogd" that continues to run as fast as it can to deal with the huge number of system log messages that Congo seems to generate on the hang.

You can go into the Activity Monitor, view "All Processes", sort by CPU usage and "syslogd" will probably be at the top of the list. Kill it. In friendlier terms, quit or force quit the process. It occasionally comes back on for a moment, then goes back to a normal level of activity. Worst case, is you should reboot.

As far as a fix goes... I just know that the message logs generated by this issue is back with the developer and he's going through them. Congo Offline for Mac will do this everytime you start the "Import Template Wizard" on an Intel Mac.

I know this doesn't actually solve your problem, but it helps to explain what your seeing and how to clear up the after-effect symptoms.

Hopefully, you'll see more information here soon...

-Steve

[edited by: trusswalker at 3:54 PM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 14 2008]
  • The problem with Import Patch Wizard has been identified and resolved. The bug fix will be included in an official version shortly.
Related