450 deg Panorama parametr

Hi.

I have ClayPaky - Alpha series . In this units panorama is 450  deg. How I can change template for this unit. Why?  becouse I have problem with reverse of panorama.

Parents Reply Children
  • Anders Ekvall:
    If you are looking for a possiblity to limit the range of the Pan parameter, this isn't possible. Congo always uses the full range of each parameter.

Actually you can, by doing one range and limit that one to whatever value.

Bullen

• Bullen:

Actually you can, by doing one range and limit that one to whatever value.

Bullen

Does that mean, this way I can get rid of Lamp control commands on the strobe? Or will Device->Control-> Reset not work then as well?

Florian 

• FloBaeumler:
    Does that mean, this way I can get rid of Lamp control commands on the strobe? Or will Device->Control-> Reset not work then as well?

Florian 

Well, not really! Beacuse the commands needs to be somewhere. You can try with doing a new parameter with the same DMX offset and give it just the ranges for lamp control. But it can give you some unwanted results.

Bullen

• FloBaeumler:
    Sort of.
    The command has to be somewhere in the template, so you can't remove them entirely without losing functionality.

However, there is nothing stopping you from removing the unwanted ranges from "Strobe", and putting them into "Aux1" or "Aux2" with the same offset.

There are a few pitfalls with this though:

• You MUST NOT use "Control" for the control attribute ranges.
      • If you do this, you'll lose the ability to record Strobe attributes as Control values are never recorded.
    • You MUST have a value named "Idle" in the Aux1 attribute, and this Idle value must also exist in Strobe (It'll usually be "Open").
    • When the lamp controls have been activated, you'll see 'undefined' values on Strobe until they are returned to Idle.
      • Moving the encoder has an undefined effect until the lamp controls are sent back to their Idle value, and may create unwanted lamp commands.

I've used this technique a couple of times for fixtures that need multiple attributes to be at set values to activate the control functions.

[edited by: Richard at 11:34 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 14 2008] [edited by: Richard at 11:25 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 14 2008] [edited by: Richard at 11:24 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 14 2008]
Related