Quick way to programme a Presset (Cue)

Hi all at the moment I am recording a preset this way

• Set the look you wish to Record - This includes Scrollers and my Movers.
  • Type what number you wish to record this to.
  • Then press record

Right I'm OK up to this part but would like to know others way to go from here - I do

• Go to the advance Tab
  • Right the Text for this Preset
  • Check the Record all Atts if I have moved the Scrollers or Movers.
  • Then hit record again.
  • If I wish to change the time from my Default 3 sec I go ? In then ? out.

OK this is the way I do it but sometimes it seems a long way to do it. Can anyone help out and tell me if there is an easier way to record a preset with scrollers and movers in this that have changed.

Cheers Carlos

• You don't actually need to tick the Record All Atts box to record changed attributes.

There are two ways to do this:

1) Use "Automatic" for "Record Attribute mode":

In this mode, everything that has changed since the last Record gets recorded. 

Looking at the Live tab, when you move a scroller, a "C" will appear on a purple background above the channel you are controlling.

The Live Attributes tab shows this in more detail.

The "C" indicates that it's a Colour attribute, and Purple indicates that it has set the change flag.
    Whenever something is purple, it will get recorded.

2) Use "All" mode for "Record Attribute mode"

In this mode, it's exactly the same as if you ticked "Record all attributes" every time.

It makes for very large showfiles, but you know that every single attribute has been recorded every time.

Congo remembers which of these options you had chosen, so you only have to set it once. 

Personally, I prefer "Automatic" mode - that way, it only records things I've changed.

With timings - you can either:

1. Enter them as you Record each Preset.
    2. Enter them the way you've been doing.
    3. Enter them as you go through the sequence afterwards
    4. Enter them in the Sequence List spreadsheet.

You can open the spreadsheet by typing the sequence number and hitting [Seq]
    Because it's a spreadsheet, you can select multiple cells, and see the timings for every cue.

I tend to use methods 3 and 4 most of the time, but that's just me!

[edited by: Richard at 3:01 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Mar 04 2007] [edited by: Richard at 3:00 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Mar 04 2007] [edited by: Richard at 2:58 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Mar 04 2007]
Related