MIDI Numbers

I'm goign through the Congo manual, and reading the section on MIDI interfacing, bu ti cant seem to find what i nmeed to know. We have an Elation DMX Operator Pro for controlling 4 American DJ Mighty Scans, and as much as i would like to connect them to the Congo Jr board when we make that purchase, I can't seem to program the Template right because of the way the light works. So, im wondering how to send certain midi number notes to be played in with a cue, IE, if note 25 plays chase 3, and note 3 sets it to tap sync with the audio, how would i have the cue send those two notes out?
Parents
  • Or alternatively, I got bored tonight and wrote the template.
    You can import it from the attached showfile.

Notes:

• The Intensity of this fixture does nothing because it has no dimmer.
    • Use [Beam] and the Strobe parameter to open the shutter. It defaults to Closed.

Enjoy!

When it comes to MIDI, Congo generates a fixed set of MIDI notes - one note for every console key.
    These notes can't be changed unfortunately, and you can't tell the console to produce arbitrary MIDI commands.

One of the few limitations of the console unfortunately. 

AmDJ MightyScan.zip
  • thanks for the template and info. I'll look at how you wrote the template and compare it to the one that i wrote to see if i can learn something.
Reply Children
Related