Effects Vo5 in playback

Hello Sahra, hello Anders,

First of all I have to say, it was very nice to had you in vienna and to learn about the new effects in Version5. Thank´s Sahra.

Today I had a bit of time and I was playing with  the concert Demofile to test the new effects and get used to it. I do love the new improvments and they are strong and helpfull. Touring me practise with the effects I discovered that if I use the RGB effect in a preset and fade the effect out in the next preset the channels are not reloading the information of the preset. I had to hit the refresh button otherwise they didn´t reload the content of the preset for the color attributs. That means some of them went into O/W (which was the content of the preset) and the others kept certain colors of the RGB Series(from the effect of the preset before).

Did that happend to you as well? Shouldn´t the effect fade out and set all informations in the state of the preset?  

Thank´s for respond.

best wishes,

Roman 

Parents
  • Hi Roman!

The behavior of effects that control LTP parameters follow the LTP rules - so the last thing you told the devices to do is what they will be doing when you fade in the next preset. If you embed effects into the sequence, this can mean that there are 'leftovers" from the effects sometimes. 

There are a number of ways to address this and get the output that you need. It usually includes either adding delay times to attributes to make sure they execute after the last step of the running effect as it fades out, or use wait/followon to apply a "restore" preset after the fade out. Or, another option is to set the effect to the Play Mode "Stopped" at the begining of the fade out so that the preset's attributes can take over. Make sense?

I hope this helps and thank you for the nice comments! It was great to get to visit in Vienna. :-)

Thanks-

Sarah

• Hello Sarah,

Thank´s for the quick respond. Well the LTP thing makes sense. I tried your options and only the WAIT/FOLLOW one worked out proper.

When I used the STOP Effect in the following preset, I allways had the first channel of the group left over in a color. And when I used the delay time to attributes it didn´t worked out at all. I tried this on the offline editor on my MAC, when I have time I will try it on the Congo, to see if it is the same behavior.

best wishes,

Roman 

• Hello Sarah,

Thank´s for the quick respond. Well the LTP thing makes sense. I tried your options and only the WAIT/FOLLOW one worked out proper.

When I used the STOP Effect in the following preset, I allways had the first channel of the group left over in a color. And when I used the delay time to attributes it didn´t worked out at all. I tried this on the offline editor on my MAC, when I have time I will try it on the Congo, to see if it is the same behavior.

best wishes,

Roman 

Children
No Data
Related