Congo users poll- not official

Hi Folks,

So, of the Congo users out there, I have a few questions:

1.)  Are you using a Congo...exclusively, often, 50% of the time, infrequently?

2.)  Are you using RPN for everything or do you use "at mode"?

3.)  Do you find the console software logical?  ie. If you aren't sure of a console operation, can you intuit the keystrokes based on other console operations?

4.)  For those using other consoles, do you find shifting in to and out of RPN difficult?

5.)  For those using other consoles, do you find yourself wishing you were working on a Congo?

Take care,

John

Parents
  • My answers to the questions

50% if I am lucky, I wish it was more often.

RPN

3.)  Do you find the console software logical?  ie. If you aren't sure of a console operation, can you intuit the keystrokes based on other console operations?

I find the Congo to be some of the most logical and intuitive software in a light board.  I can usally guess a keystroke combination with one or two tries.

4.)  For those using other consoles, do you find shifting in to and out of RPN difficult?

Not difficult, but once in a while when I go to bring up worklight on the Express LPC before shutting down the Congo, I goof the keystrokes.

5.)  For those using other consoles, do you find yourself wishing you were working on a Congo?

Every project that I have done for the last year that wasn't on a Congo, I knew I could have done quicker and better with Congo.

I work with a Congo at Grand Performances in downtown Los Angeles.  We go between cued theatre shows and complete seat of the pants concert lighting.  We chose to buy a Congo because we thought it was the best console on the market for the type of show we do.  I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind.

John

• My answers to the questions

50% if I am lucky, I wish it was more often.

RPN

I find the Congo to be some of the most logical and intuitive software in a light board.  I can usally guess a keystroke combination with one or two tries.

Not difficult, but once in a while when I go to bring up worklight on the Express LPC before shutting down the Congo, I goof the keystrokes.

Every project that I have done for the last year that wasn't on a Congo, I knew I could have done quicker and better with Congo.

I work with a Congo at Grand Performances in downtown Los Angeles.  We go between cued theatre shows and complete seat of the pants concert lighting.  We chose to buy a Congo because we thought it was the best console on the market for the type of show we do.  I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind.

John

Children
No Data
Related