Congo users poll- not official

Hi Folks,

So, of the Congo users out there, I have a few questions:

1.)  Are you using a Congo...exclusively, often, 50% of the time, infrequently?

2.)  Are you using RPN for everything or do you use "at mode"?

3.)  Do you find the console software logical?  ie. If you aren't sure of a console operation, can you intuit the keystrokes based on other console operations?

4.)  For those using other consoles, do you find shifting in to and out of RPN difficult?

5.)  For those using other consoles, do you find yourself wishing you were working on a Congo?

Take care,

John

Parents
  • Hi

1) I use the Congo most of the time (we have two theatres and I have a Congo in the bigger one.) Otherwise I use a Maxim xxlp and an Express 250

2) I use RPN for everything

3) I find the software logical

4) Not really, it's kind of like reversing a car with a trailer on, it only takes a moment to switch into RPN mode after using other consoles.

5) Yeah it's my preffered desk I only use the Express 250 when I'm running a show from side of stage and then only because it's a lot easier to lug around. The only things the Maxim has over the Congo is 90 subs without changing a page and a faster start up time.

Have a goodun

Chris

• Hi

1) I use the Congo most of the time (we have two theatres and I have a Congo in the bigger one.) Otherwise I use a Maxim xxlp and an Express 250

2) I use RPN for everything

3) I find the software logical

4) Not really, it's kind of like reversing a car with a trailer on, it only takes a moment to switch into RPN mode after using other consoles.

5) Yeah it's my preffered desk I only use the Express 250 when I'm running a show from side of stage and then only because it's a lot easier to lug around. The only things the Maxim has over the Congo is 90 subs without changing a page and a faster start up time.

Have a goodun

Chris

Children
No Data
Related