Palettes and channel numbers

Hi all,

Right my question is : If I set up a look with my all palette group in 1 venue and I move the show to another gig but would like to have palette 12 look again but my fixture channel numbers are different, can i do this??

This seems to change my CFB palette as well which I was aware about. Do I have to use the same channel number in each venue as I have loads of colour chases and other things all ready in the desk.

I ask this as I'm going into a venue with a fixed generic rig and they start a 200. In my venue thats my movers. I know I could change the generic channel but I was just wondering if there is a way around this as I'm only using 6 of my movers at the gig.

Hope this makes sense 

Carl

Parents
  • Hi Carl,

Let's see if I've understood you questions...

Data in a palette is always linked to the device/channel. So it's not that easy to copy/move data around between devices.. So changing your channel numbers will just mess up things.. as you've found out I think.

But, if you just need to change the DMX address of a device,  that works fine without messing up your palettes.
    Or, if you just need to change the channel handle number (the channel number you see in the Live tab) you can use the Name field in the Channel list to rearrage the visible numbers without messing show data. Using the Name will just change the channel number you see, not repatch it to anywhere else or move show data. It's sort of a patch of you visual channels.
    Any channel set to Name 0 will removed from beeing shown in the channel screens.

Are you planning to do a touring show or is this a show you have already programmed and just need to do one gig at another venue? 

Does this help?

Oskar

• Hi Oskar,

Once again you have come up trumps and this forum rocks. I have a lot of cool colour pallets I needed to keep for a 1 off Concert.

Thank you very much. I just changed the channel list and all is good :) my CBF and all pallets are still there as they should.....

Carl

• Hi Carl,

Nice to hear it solved your issue. Have fun.

Oskar

Reply Children
No Data
Related