Congo JR virtual movies.

Hi again everyone, Does anyone know if there is anyway of creating a "animation" like on the training projects animations ? I know we have the layout view, but it would be interesting if we could design the layout of our room and show and have a look at the "virtual theater" at the same time that presets are running in the stage... Thank you.
Parents
  • Hi,

First of all ETC do not recommend running the visualizer in a live situation on the desk. (Please correct me, if I am wrong).

Second the visualizer you see on Congo is Capture Sweden. In order to create you own shows you need to purchase a license or download their demo version. http://www.capturesweden.com/

Florian   

• Indeed, we do not recommend running the visualisation on the console in a live situation!

- The reason for this is that visualisation is very processor-intensive, and thus you run the risk of console slowdown while it calculates the view, or even crashes should there be an unexpected problem with the visualisation software.

If you run the visualisation on a separate computer, if the visualiser fails or takes ages to redraw, you've only lost the visualisation - not the show!

The Capture plugin is intended to help you learn the console, so you can try out various features without having a real rig attached, and it's also very useful for training and demo events.

If you'd like to have visualisation of your particular venue or production, then you can purchase any of the available 3rd party visualisation applications that can receive level (and other) information ArtNet, ETCNet2, sACN, CITP or the special Avab IPX protocol and run this on a seperate suitable computer.

I usually recommend Capture 2005 by Capture Sweden (as linked above), as it's relatively inexpensive, very easy to configure and offers a free almost-fully-working demo.

(The demo doesn't let you save, and will exit after 30 minutes, but you can load any file created by someone with a fully-licenced copy and see all the features.)

• Indeed, we do not recommend running the visualisation on the console in a live situation!

- The reason for this is that visualisation is very processor-intensive, and thus you run the risk of console slowdown while it calculates the view, or even crashes should there be an unexpected problem with the visualisation software.

If you run the visualisation on a separate computer, if the visualiser fails or takes ages to redraw, you've only lost the visualisation - not the show!

The Capture plugin is intended to help you learn the console, so you can try out various features without having a real rig attached, and it's also very useful for training and demo events.

If you'd like to have visualisation of your particular venue or production, then you can purchase any of the available 3rd party visualisation applications that can receive level (and other) information ArtNet, ETCNet2, sACN, CITP or the special Avab IPX protocol and run this on a seperate suitable computer.

I usually recommend Capture 2005 by Capture Sweden (as linked above), as it's relatively inexpensive, very easy to configure and offers a free almost-fully-working demo.

(The demo doesn't let you save, and will exit after 30 minutes, but you can load any file created by someone with a fully-licenced copy and see all the features.)

Children
No Data
Related