Congo Sr. not booting

Hello all,

I went to fire up the Congo today and it wouldn't.

Screen 1 showed a text message that said the registry could not find the "hive (file)".

Tried to reboot...nothing different.

Tried to reset...nothing different.

We are running disk utilities on the hard drive now.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I stumped Tech Support when I called them.  ETC is rushing me a loaner console.

BTW, the inside of the Congo is very well laid out.  Kudos to the hardware designers for making the hard drive easily accessible and shock mounted.

Thanks,

John

In downtown LA with a sick Congo.

Parents
  • Well, you've certainly stumped me. I hope Tech Support got you sorted out for the weekend...

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Sarah,

Tech support sorted us out for the weekend.

We are still trying to figure out what the problem is.

This is the error message.

STOP:  c0000218 (Registry File Failure)

The registry cannot load the hive (file):\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SYSTEM or its log or alternate.

It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

The error that comes up is usually associated with Windows XP software recovery or when there is hardware that is incompatible.

The tests on the harddrive didn't show any errors.  We checked the video card as had been suggested by tech support, but that didn't seem to be the problem.  We will try a few more things locally before we send the board in to be fixed.

Take care,

John

• Glad you were covered. :-)

It is possible that your console just needs its hard drive re-imaged. Tech Service should be able to get you the image files (via a long download on slow connections, be aware) and talk you through the re-imaging procedure. Give Heather a call in Tech Support - 800/688-4116.

If you can't get the files or feel unconfortable doing this procedure, then by all means send us the console. We can take care of it for you.

Thanks for your patience - 

Sarah

• Glad you were covered. :-)

It is possible that your console just needs its hard drive re-imaged. Tech Service should be able to get you the image files (via a long download on slow connections, be aware) and talk you through the re-imaging procedure. Give Heather a call in Tech Support - 800/688-4116.

If you can't get the files or feel unconfortable doing this procedure, then by all means send us the console. We can take care of it for you.

Thanks for your patience - 

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related