Bugs in V5

Now that we've had our first production on the new software we've found some bugs.  We were on 5.0 but have upgraded to 5.0.1 and I checked that these are still bugs.

1)  If you're in the Live Attributes tab and you open a template (Browser>Patching>Settings and Tools>Templates>Cyberlight (or any other light)) when you return to the Live Attributes tab it will be blank.  You can repopulate the screen by selecting the channel of any device.

2)  The scroller calibration editor doesn't work if you are inverting color.  We found this because we had loaded a Revolution wrong. (The instructions for loading a gel string in the Revolution manual seem to be wrong.  I'll post it in the appropriate place)

3)  On the client the Effects dock is not right.  It displays E1 thru E36, or however many fit in the window.  This only seems to happen when it's a client and not in the offline editor.  I was also able to get the effects dock to display channels by pressing the format button when it was selected.  The channel issue seems to be fixed in 5.0.1 but the window is still displaying unused effects.

4)  The client will not startup if the file server is not powered on.  I haven't check to see if eliminating the file server path fixes this.

5)  You can't change the parked level of a channel from the park screen.  I'm not sure if this was ever possible but it does say that modify is an option for that window.  Also the parked levels are displayed in decimal format.  Is there a way to display percents in the park screen?

6)  The displayed size of channels doesn't stay constant if you split windows left/right.  It does stay if you split top/bottom or are using saved display layouts from the direct selects.

7)  "Set Changed" is missing from the list for assigning keys to masters.

8)  If you assign keys for the various soft key displays to the masters the back arrow next to the soft keys works as a back key instead of an up key.  i.e. If you go from times to channels to device to effect then press the back button you have to go back through every screen you've been in since you were last in the top/home screen.

9)  We also discovered the problem with some channels coming on when you come back from freeze mode.  It was reproducible and we can send the show file and info about what preset it was in and the channels if that would be helpful.  (It was listed as Know Remaining Issue 1800 on the release notes for 5.0.1)

Thanks,
Mat

• Hi Mat -

Thanks for the thorough list. :-) I have some comments below...

1) True. Will add it to the list of things to be fixed. 

2) I think we knew this one, but I'll double-check. Did you get your fixtures re-scrolled?

3) We will check this one out...

4) We will check this out as well...

5) Will take a look. At the very least we will make sure the hints are not misleading.

6) Noted. We'll take a look.

7) True - I thought we had fixed that, but it appears not. Will add it to the list.

8) Interesting!

9) Yes, if it's a known open issue, then it's something you might encounter. No need to send files unless Anders asks for them. I'll let him know.

Thanks much!

Sarah

• I didn't have to re-scroll the fixtures.  I unchecked invert and used the calibration editor.  Normal value 0 - calibrated value 255, etc.  It was a little cumbersome but it worked.
  • Thanks for tacking the time to document/post all of these

1. True, thanks

3. The Format/ Channel thing was a known issue (and fixed), but  I don’t quite understand the other problem, can you please clarify?

4. Yep, this looks like an issue, but eliminating the file path does correct the issue.

5. This hint at the bottom of the screen does look more like a lie.

6. I think this is by design; It looks like the Layout size is proportional to the width of the Live Tab, rather then an absolute gravestone size.  I’ll check to be sure.

7.-8. Very True.

• Just one more remark about item 6: Yes, this is by design. Channel views try to fit the number of channels per line to a multiple of 5. The number of channels per line is preserved when you do the split to make the line breakpoints more consistent to the user.

If you add a left/right split, this will change the available width of the channel view significantly, so to keep the same number of channels per line, the size of the channels has to change.

• 3)  In the client, when you open the effects tab below the playback window it displays E1 thru E36 (it may not be 36 it's however many tombstones fit in the display) even if you've only recorded one effects playback.  It's not a big deal just a little misleading.

I see why the left/right split is the way it is now.  We usually use the non-zero format so our channel grid moves around anyway but I can see why others would prefer it the way it is now.  We mostly use the saved layouts and the zoom is now stored in those so this still isn't a big issue for us.

Thanks,
    Mat

Related