V5 Offline error loading on PC

HI

Can't seem to load congo offline onto my PC - no network issue at this stage - I get the startup screen but when I click the offline start button I get :

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Program:

This program has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusaul way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information

I have googled, but have not found anyone with this sort of error.

Thanks

Parents
  • The .NET libraries are only used for the online help function, and it's possible to turn that off.

To do that, you need to add the switch '/NOHELP' to the shortcut - make a copy of the shortcut to Congo, open it's properties and where it says something like 'C:\Congo\Congo.exe', add a space and '/NOHELP' at the end - keep the first part the same.

Accept the change and try using that link instead. If that fixes it, then the problem is your Microsoft .NET installation.

Unfortunately I don't know a repeatable way to fix that, as it's a Microsoft program.

• Richard:

The .NET libraries are only used for the online help function, and it's possible to turn that off.

To do that, you need to add the switch '/NOHELP' to the shortcut - make a copy of the shortcut to Congo, open it's properties and where it says something like 'C:\Congo\Congo.exe', add a space and '/NOHELP' at the end - keep the first part the same.

Accept the change and try using that link instead. If that fixes it, then the problem is your Microsoft .NET installation.

Unfortunately I don't know a repeatable way to fix that, as it's a Microsoft program.

Will try this when I get back to work next Friday.

• Richard:

The .NET libraries are only used for the online help function, and it's possible to turn that off.

Will try this when I get back to work next Friday.

Children
No Data
Related