Template vaule to 255

I'm sure I can change the value of DMX from 100 to 255.

Was I dreaming this or is it true, Can't see anything in the manual or in search on the forum.

I ask this as I want to change a scroller template to 255 to move the frames that little bit more as its the new Apollo MXR which has 2 scrolls for colour mixing.

Carl

[edited by: cknapper at 5:43 AM (GMT -6) on Sun, Aug 24 2008]
Parents
  • Hi Carl,

The values in the template editor are always 0-255, only in the range editor is it possible to enter 0-100% values but the 0-255 values are also shown there. Where exactly do you want to change 100 to 255 and how? I'm not exactly sure what you are refering to.

Have you used the scroller rolls if you have scrollers? Makes life easier if you work with scrollers and they make changing the scroller roll on a fixture easier then to edit the template.

Are we going to see you at Plasa? 

Oskar

• Hi Oskar Thanks for your reply, Yep will most probably be there on Monday Ill come for a chat and drink :)

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, i know its always 255 values, but when I did my template for the scroller it comes up on the colour wheel as 100 so I only have 100 steps to my scroll. If this makes sense.

I can't make a scroller roll as it has 2 rolls on this, or can I ???

The problem is that it takes 6 % to do a full scroll movement and I was wondering if I could do this in any other way as 6 steps to the end of each frame is alittle jumpy.

Any thoughts on this as I have never used a scroller with 2 scrolls on it before !!!!!

Carl 

• Hello again,

If you want to change how the values are shown on the parameter wheels try FORMAT & @LEVEL. This should change the %-values to to 0-255 values.

You can only have one scroller roll per device. The scroller roll always attaches itself to the parameter named Color. So on a device with two scrollers, you could use Scroller rolls for the first one, but you would then need to use the Templates Range values for the other one. Or use the Ranges in the template for both.

Do you mean that the movent from color to color is jump in manual control or in playback. Cause in playback it always fades with the full resolution of the DMX values (0-255) and not percent. Actually when you use the wheels and even if you see %-values on the LCD, you still have access to all values between 0-255 on DMX. The LCD just doesn't show you all of them. You could open the Output Editor and have a look at how the DMX values behave..

Hope this helps.

Oskar

• Hi Oskar,

Cheers I knew there was a way I was doing FORMAT & CH/ID ooopppss. These move alittle more easy now Cheers.

Will there be any chance in getting 2 or 3 scroll template in scroll rolls........As lots of new scrollers are coming out now with these.

Carl

• ;o)

What kind of scroller do you have? Cause I haven't run into multiple scroller rolls on one device very often. I don't know how common they are? I've only run into a similar scenario once or twice where one device should control two rolls. Sometimes this has been needed just because one dimmer channel has two fixtures, both with scollers.
    So I don't think having multiple scroller rolls per fixture is very high on the priority list at this point. Sorry.

See you at Plasa! 

Oskar

• Which multi-scroll units are you using?

I've only seen a couple of units with more than one scroll on board - the Wybron CXI and the ChromaQ Cascade.

These are both 'colour-mixing' units with pre-defined scrolls, so they are treated as a particular device anyway.

Reply Children
No Data
Related