midi

Is there any way to turn the midi show control on and off easily? we're being triggered by other devices this show, and the only way I can find to turn MSC on and off is within setup to check and uncheck the MIDI show control checkbox.  I've tried to make a macro to toggle this, but keystrokes in Setup don't seem to affect macros.  In addition it would be great if it was easy to see MSC on or off on the monitor similar to Park or Mask.  And it would be great to be able to have a specific on and off command (on a master or direct select) that is not just a toggle, so it's definitely on or off without checking state first.

Thanks.

Mark

Mark Lanks

Congo Programmer, Signature Theatre

Parents
  • Mark,

I saw your post and Sarah's reply about function in the desk.  My question is, do you need to turn MSC on and off during the show?  It has been a while since I did anything with MIDI so I don't remember all of the specifics of MSC.  Are you getting unwanted triggers during parts of the show that aren't being controlled by MIDI or is it something else?  Just trying to understand the problem.

Thanks,
    Mark Fink

• Sarah-  Thanks for the info!  Also on another MIDI note, I

Mark F - I don't need to turn MSC on and off during the show.  I was just looking for a more efficient way to turn it on and off during tech, as when I need to make a change I don't want to be on MIDI and it just takes that extra time to make sure I'm turned off (and I've also forgotten and lost changes because the other console hit a GO.  

• continuing...Also on another MIDI note, I notice that when the other console goes to Q0, the Congo goes to Preset 1.  It seems like it should go to 0 in an ideal world.
Reply Children
No Data
Related