printout wizard, offline editor and mac

hi,

i'm trying to print out the patch and the channel list via the printout wizard. the problem is, even though the dialogue says that its saved as printout.txt, its nowhere to be found on my computer.

any idea how to get it in a folder so i actually CAN print it??

best

/emma 

Parents
  • HI Emma, Welcome

The easiest way is to connect a USB to the congo, when you use print wizard then it asks you to save to USB, where a Notepad document gets saved and you can print from there. Print wizard doesn't recolonize 0.5 so if you have a 0.5 it wont print as I fount out.....The tech team is onto this one in the next update Im told :)

Carl

• thanks, but i'm still puzzled.. 

the thing is that i've got a show emailed to me and i need to break it down on my mac book.. won't be near a console for a day or two..

so, the offline editor isn't saving the "printout.txt" to a usb stick, but says it saves it somewhere else.. and is not creating a notepad document in the congo directory.

• Hi Emma,

Sorry Im a windows boy so not sure where it saves, but on windows it goes to C:/Congo.

Carl

• Hi Emma,

You should get a file called PRINTOUT.TXT in the same folder as Congo is running. It works when I run Congo in the development folder but not (I just discovered) when running from the Program or Application folder on a Mac. I don't know why this is. Maybe, some kind of permission issue on the Mac that doesn't allow the file to be created. Try copying the Congo application folder to some other folder where you have full permissions (like your home folder).

If this doesn't help, you can send me the show file that you want to print and I can return the txt-files to you.

In the meantime, I have to dig deeper into this to understand why it doesn't work as it should.

• Mac is fairly picky about permissions in the application folder.  However, you may try running a repair permissions after the application is installed.  In other development applications I've worked with this usually solves the problem, and it will allow it to deposit files in its own folder.  This of course assumes that permissions were set up correctly when the app was developed initially.  but if it works int the Dev folder, it should work in the Apps folder as well.

My two cents....

• Hi Emma,

It works, if you click on your congo folder (in application) go to information, and then set your user do read and write, this is in the bottom of the information window. 

Afterwards the printoutfiles should get saved into the congofolder in applications, but allways just one printout.

Hope that helps,

greetings Roman 

• thanks!that worked like a charm!best/e
  • Hi all,

isn't it possible to print to PDF from the Offline Editor on Mac? The Print Wizard only shows the "Export to Text file" tab!

Edit: A cause for this might be, that my Offline Editor doesn't recognize a USB stick which is connected to my MacBook, although it appears on the desktop correctly. So maybe the Offline software refuses to show that tab (which doesn't make too much sense when working offline!)

– Since there now is a file manager with the software, it would also make sense to improve the Printout Wizard in a way, that the user could always choose to save any printout (txt or pdf) to the local harddrive (offline or desk) or to a USB stick.

Thanks,

Mario

[edited by: mdaszenies at 7:41 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Jan 13 2011]
  • Hi all,

isn't it possible to print to PDF from the Offline Editor on Mac? The Print Wizard only shows the "Export to Text file" tab!

Edit: A cause for this might be, that my Offline Editor doesn't recognize a USB stick which is connected to my MacBook, although it appears on the desktop correctly. So maybe the Offline software refuses to show that tab (which doesn't make too much sense when working offline!)

– Since there now is a file manager with the software, it would also make sense to improve the Printout Wizard in a way, that the user could always choose to save any printout (txt or pdf) to the local harddrive (offline or desk) or to a USB stick.

Thanks,

Mario

[edited by: mdaszenies at 7:41 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Jan 13 2011]
Children
Related