Congo JR and a Client Laptop How-to ?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how can i connect a congo jr with a Client Laptop so i can use the laptop to program our lightshow from the audience, because our technical room is in the 3rd floor of the theatre and we would like to be near to the director and program the play like he want's ..

Can i only with a laptop and a congo Jr. perform this action ? Or do i need any server to do that ? I was thinking of connecting a router that also has wifi to the congo and with wifi connecting the laptop..

If this is possible, besides the congo client, wich software/drivers do i need ?

Thanks in advance..

Parents
  • Hello -

If you have a Client dongle you can connect your PC laptop to the Congo over the network. While you can do this wirelessly, there is always the possiblity of the wireless network providing a dodgy connection so we normally recommend a wired network for show-critical things.

Thanks -

Sarah

• Your laptop will need the following:

1. Congo Client installed - and this must be exactly the same version as is running on the console.
    2. A Congo Client dongle.
    3. The HASP drivers for the dongle.

The easiest way to get the HASP drivers is to connect your laptop to the internet, then insert the dongle. Windows will ask if it can search the internet for drivers, so tell it 'Yes', it will chug for a while and then you're done.

When you come to use the Client software, your computer's IP address needs to be in a specific range: 10.101.1.101 to 10.101.1.253 if setting manually, or anywhere in the 10.101.x.x range if using DHCP.

The easiest way to do this is to go into the Network tab of System Settings on the Congo, and enable the DHCP server. The default settings are fine.

The Congo will then give your laptop a suitable IP as soon as you connect.

The only caveat with this method is that you're only allowed one DHCP server on the network - so if you've got more than one console, make sure you only enable DHCP on one of them!

[edited by: Richard at 6:06 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Sep 13 2008]
  • Your laptop will need the following:

1. Congo Client installed - and this must be exactly the same version as is running on the console.
    2. A Congo Client dongle.
    3. The HASP drivers for the dongle.

The easiest way to get the HASP drivers is to connect your laptop to the internet, then insert the dongle. Windows will ask if it can search the internet for drivers, so tell it 'Yes', it will chug for a while and then you're done.

When you come to use the Client software, your computer's IP address needs to be in a specific range: 10.101.1.101 to 10.101.1.253 if setting manually, or anywhere in the 10.101.x.x range if using DHCP.

The easiest way to do this is to go into the Network tab of System Settings on the Congo, and enable the DHCP server. The default settings are fine.

The Congo will then give your laptop a suitable IP as soon as you connect.

The only caveat with this method is that you're only allowed one DHCP server on the network - so if you've got more than one console, make sure you only enable DHCP on one of them!

[edited by: Richard at 6:06 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Sep 13 2008]
Children
Related