Wish list item

When entering a channel number and then giving it a level using the wheel it would be very nice if the next number you enter is accepted as a new channel number and NOT an alteration to the level of the lamp you have just set. At present we have to press clear, I appreciate its only one button but the less keystrokes the better in my book.

Maybe there is a software setting, if so I am all ears or eyes.

John

Parents
  • I take it you are using "At Mode".

Does this happen if you never hit the [@Level] key, and just move the wheel after typing channel numbers, or does it happen when you hit [@Level] and then move the wheel? The former should be the solution to your quandary.

We do need to look at At Mode again though, as channel selection is considerably more important in the new effects package than it was previously.

[edited by: Richard at 11:28 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Sep 13 2008]
  • Hi Richard,

Yes of course we are using "@mode"!

The problem with changing over to RPN is that the TV board ops are now mostly freelance and therefore spend most of the time using Galaxys which are @ mode consoles. It would make the Congo even harder for them to understand if, for the one or two days while they are at TLS they have to convert to RPN as well.

Pressing @ before moving the wheel has just re-introduced the very "extra" key stroke that I am trying to avoid!!

Regards

John

PS Was there any feedback re the crash I had while at TLS the other week?

[edited by: Chuffer at 3:01 PM (GMT -6) on Sun, Sep 14 2008]
  • What Richard meant is that you don't have to press @ when you use the wheel. Just do the channel selection in the normal way, but instead of pressing @ at the end, you just move the wheel. This will end all "pending" at mode operations and set a level. you can then immediately start selecting another channel without having to press clear.

Isn't this what you are asking for?

• Sorry - I wasn't clear enough.

The following two examples of Congo v5 At mode syntax should show what I meant:

• [Ch] 1 [Thru] 5 [Move Wheel]
    • 6 [Move Wheel]

Channels 1 thru 5 have their levels changed, channel 6 is immediately selected and is now controlled by the wheel.

Or

• [Ch] 1 [Thru] 5 [@Level] [Move Wheel]
    • 6 [Move Wheel]

Channels 1 thru 5 are selected, their levels changed with the wheel, and then set to 60%, and then levels changed again.

What you'd like is the first one - so don't press [@Level] unless you intend to type a level. Just move the wheel if you want control on the wheel.

Here's a quick summary of At Mode syntax rules in v5.0.1:

First of all, remember that no selection is 'completed' (goes gold) until the next 'action' key is pressed.

• [CH] key - Starts a new selection. Available syntax:
      • # [CH] - Select only this channel, immediately prepare to select a new channel. Avoid this syntax!
      • [CH] # - Clear previous selection and start selecting with this channel number.
    • [Thru] key - Actives 'Thru' mode.
      • [Thru] # - Complete previous number and select from that thru to new number.
    • [+] key - Add to selection.
    • [-] key - Remove from selection.
    • [@Level] key - Complete selection and wait for two-digit percentage level.
      • Once waiting for percent level must receive two digits or [C/Alt]
    • [.] key - Complete selection and do not wait for level digits.
      • Particularly useful for Chase Effects, Channel Sets and adjusting moving light attributes.
    • Roll Wheel - Complete selection and fade levels.

The [CH] key is optional for # [@Level] ## and # [Move Wheel]

I think you're really after the # [Move Wheel] syntax.

[edited by: Richard at 7:32 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Sep 15 2008] [edited by: Richard at 7:31 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Sep 15 2008]
  • Sorry - I wasn't clear enough.

The following two examples of Congo v5 At mode syntax should show what I meant:

• [Ch] 1 [Thru] 5 [Move Wheel]
    • 6 [Move Wheel]

Channels 1 thru 5 have their levels changed, channel 6 is immediately selected and is now controlled by the wheel.

Or

• [Ch] 1 [Thru] 5 [@Level] [Move Wheel]
    • 6 [Move Wheel]

Channels 1 thru 5 are selected, their levels changed with the wheel, and then set to 60%, and then levels changed again.

What you'd like is the first one - so don't press [@Level] unless you intend to type a level. Just move the wheel if you want control on the wheel.

Here's a quick summary of At Mode syntax rules in v5.0.1:

First of all, remember that no selection is 'completed' (goes gold) until the next 'action' key is pressed.

• [CH] key - Starts a new selection. Available syntax:
      • # [CH] - Select only this channel, immediately prepare to select a new channel. Avoid this syntax!
      • [CH] # - Clear previous selection and start selecting with this channel number.
    • [Thru] key - Actives 'Thru' mode.
      • [Thru] # - Complete previous number and select from that thru to new number.
    • [+] key - Add to selection.
    • [-] key - Remove from selection.
    • [@Level] key - Complete selection and wait for two-digit percentage level.
      • Once waiting for percent level must receive two digits or [C/Alt]
    • [.] key - Complete selection and do not wait for level digits.
      • Particularly useful for Chase Effects, Channel Sets and adjusting moving light attributes.
    • Roll Wheel - Complete selection and fade levels.

The [CH] key is optional for # [@Level] ## and # [Move Wheel]

I think you're really after the # [Move Wheel] syntax.

[edited by: Richard at 7:32 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Sep 15 2008] [edited by: Richard at 7:31 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Sep 15 2008]
Children
Related