Network Services

I was thinking in an idle moment to see set up the DHCP server on my congo Jr, but for some reason all the check boxes are greyed out so I can't select them. Is there something obvious I'm overlooking? Any ideas why this might be? The network is online, and I can connect a client laptop.

Richard 

• Hi there -

It's probably because you don't actually have the Net3 Services installed. You can download the installer from the ETC Web site. I found it by clicking the "Downloads" link at the top of the home page and then doing a keyword search on "services".

Net3 Services are included in the console's hard disk image, but not in the actual Congo software installer. This is because not all customers will need to have Net3 Services installed. So, if you have an existing installation and you have updated to Congo v5, and you would like to use the Net3 Services features, you will need to download this separate installer and run it on the console in question. 

I hope this helps -

Thanks -

Sarah

[edited by: sclausen at 2:26 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Sep 15 2008]
  • Thanks Sarah,

Can I just check, when I find the file as above there is also a set of release notes for "

Net3 Services v1.0.0 Release Note". This makes no reference to the congo systems. Have I found the correct software, and how do I install it, is it by update software in settings, do I need to put the installer anywhere in particular, like a Software folder like the congo software?

Thanks,

Richard 

• Hi Richard -

Good thing you asked! It appears you will need version 1.0.2 of Net3 Services. The installer for this version will be posted to the Web site by the end of today. Please look for it in the same way I described above. Then you can unzip the installer and use the software update tool in Congo Settings to insall it on your console. Then you should be able to use the DHCP and other services if you like.

Thanks for your patience - 

Sarah

Related