Clearing dynamics in sequnce

I have managed to create effects very easily with the new V5. I have recorded them onto masters and they work 100%. When I record a preset and insert a masterlink to the master (100 [insert] [master], it seems to insert. But in a few cases it doesn't, in the following preset when I remove the link (0 [insert] [master] all that happens is the dynamic stops running at but the light stays on (2 robe colorspot). I delete the dynamic in the dynamic window, I try all @ 0, but the lights stay on - only liftting the whole row of masters seems to eventually reset to blackout.

I can get the normal chases built with seq wizard to go and stop on generics fine. 

Can someone help - i know I have probably not done some small thing.

Thanks 

Parents
  • Hi there -

It sounds like you are using the "old" dynamics structure rather than the new v5 effect structure for Dynamics. If you use the new structure, you won't need to mess with deleting dynamics at all and the separation of the base point of the dynamic and the actual dynamic movement becomes much clearer. You might take a look at the announcements portion of this forum where there is an overview of the new effects package and a tutorial for setting up a new dynamic effect (as well as the new chase and content effects). 

As an aside, deleting the dynamic may have nothing to do with the actual intensity of those channels. Dynamics are simply math functions placed on top of a base level. That level has to come from somewhere else. Because intensity is handled by highest-takes-precedence logic, all other sources for intensity need to be at zero if you want those channels to black out. Make sense?Sarah

I hope this helps - 

Thanks-

Sarah

• What you're seeing is probably "Virtual" or "Pending" Masters.

When you do a Master Link, the console "Virtually" moves the Master handle to the target percentage - regardless of where the physical handle is.

To take control back onto the physical handle, you simply move the physical handle until it matches the Virtual level - in your case, raising it to 100% and then lowering it again took control (matched at 100%) and then faded the lights out.

• You can see this by the bold outline of the Master label on the LCDs.

"Pending" Masters are when you change page while a Master is above 0%. Obviously you don't want the scene on stage to change just because you changed page, so the Master retains the old content until it's taken back down to 0%.

• You can see this by an 'inverted' Master label on the LCD.
  • What you're seeing is probably "Virtual" or "Pending" Masters.

When you do a Master Link, the console "Virtually" moves the Master handle to the target percentage - regardless of where the physical handle is.

To take control back onto the physical handle, you simply move the physical handle until it matches the Virtual level - in your case, raising it to 100% and then lowering it again took control (matched at 100%) and then faded the lights out.

• You can see this by the bold outline of the Master label on the LCDs.

"Pending" Masters are when you change page while a Master is above 0%. Obviously you don't want the scene on stage to change just because you changed page, so the Master retains the old content until it's taken back down to 0%.

• You can see this by an 'inverted' Master label on the LCD.
Children
No Data
Related